Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Childhood Fears

Moderator: Ryvvi

Childhood Fears

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Everyone has an irrational fear of something and sometimes we grow out of it.

What were some fears you had or still have from childhood?

For me, one of my irrational childhood fears was automatically flushing toilets.

I was camping one day and had to use the bathroom and oh how I didn't realize, it was automatic, there were no flusher. As the toilet flushed on it's own, it scared the daylights out of me and I never used them again.... until I was a teenager.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 6:45 pm

Re: Childhood Fears

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm

I don't like going on bridges in cars. When I was about 4 to 5 we'd drive on an old draw bridge to visit relatives and it scared me so much I'd have to close my eyes, when I was 6.5 years old my Dad was in a car accident involving a bridge so I still feel very insecure crossing bridges, especially the small rural ones. A friend has one you have to drive over that is barely enough room for the car to fit over it. I tried driving over it once, with the window open and stopping and getting out to see how much room I had, now I park the car on the street and walk to their house.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:45 pm

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:10 pm

How are mind works scared me lol. I would lay on the trampoline and look at the clouds, my mind images something and I get scared. But that was like maybe twice. I don't know what else...

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:23 pm

automatic toilets
I still don't like them
The dark
Active imagination created some scary stuff

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 am

the dark D:

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:45 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby galled » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:50 am

Clowns! I mean WTF are those?! ...shivers... LOL

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 pm

I have lots. I have ocd and I worry constantly. I was terrified of family members dying, still am. Lost my dad when I was eleven so that didn't help this fear, but I've had that fear since I was four. I was also terrified of eating because I thought I would choke and die. I didn't eat for a week and a half. I wouldn't walk on the floor when I was seven for awhile because I thought germs were going to kill me. Yep, that's just a few that I can remember most clearly.

Postby Mousy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:01 pm

I was afraid of toilets too! But not just the automatic kind.
I was afraid of there being alien hands reaching up and pulling me in. So I checked before I sat,periodically while I sat, and again when I flushed. I also made sure the lid was down at all times when not in use. XD I did grow out of that one.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:45 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 pm

It's funny that I think there are quite a few people who have had fear of toilets... falling in...snakes coming up out of them...germs in public bathrooms.... Though can't imagine what it would have been like a few hundred years ago to try and balance yourself on a bed pan to do your business and then have to haul it away.... I guess you'd have a fear of spilling...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I didn't fear anything in the toilet when I was little though.

I do now, with spiders, because stupid me watched videos of giant spiders in their bathrooms.

The only thing I fear about auto. toilets now is "what if I drop my phone or something in there and the toilet flushes?" I already flushed a phone by accident (it was a $15 phone mind you) but still. I avoid any loose objects to go in the bathroom with me.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Ohhh. Now that we're on toilets I remember someone telling me (an adult told me) when I was little that someone had their insides sucked out of them while on the toilet because of the pressure when flushed. That still sort of scares me today.

Postby Bassy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:44 pm

OH JEEPERS CREEPERS MOVIE. I had nightmares of that thing eat my family.

Postby Burial » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 pm

When i was in the 5th grade i was terrified of thunderstorms and dark cloudy skies. If i looked outside during class and saw that a storm was coming or even if it was just a little cloudy i would freak out. I would cry and beg my teacher to let me call my mom. It usually ended with me going home early, i missed A LOT of school and im pretty sure my teacher hated me lol

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:45 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:18 am

ugh the toilet thing and the clown thing just reminds me of IT by stephen king
pretty sure he causes nightmares and childhood fears for so many generations

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:45 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:24 am

Well, you aren't supposed to watch rated R movies as a kid.

Next

Return to Hinterland