Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Childhood Fears

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Childhood Fears

Postby galled » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:51 pm

I get nervous talking about myself. But if I talk about something I believe in, know/am passionate about, you can't shut me up! I think most people are like me. The trick is to know your business (things you sell, the company and/or mission) so well that you can become passionate about them. And that'll easily morph into a great sales pitch and great customer service. ;)

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:55 pm

one small step today Monkeygirl, one giant leap tomorrow. You are making progress and can give yourself a pat (or a hug if you want).

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Not really. Some days my anxiety peaks and some days it doesn't and it's weird.

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Falling through ice on a lake has always been my worst fear

Image Image Image

Postby Maro » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 am

I've done that, not fun... definitely not... part of why i have that fear of deep water i suppose

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:23 am

I went ice fishing before and I was scared we'd crack the ice and fall in - because you drive on the ice and you drill out a hole to fish out of. Plus they built a fire on the ice...and you are not the only ones out there...all that weight. Because the fear is if the hypothermia doesn't get you being trapped under the ice could.

Maro: you were fortunate someone must have been real quick to pull you out and take care of you. Did you have to be hospitalized at all? Reminds me of the scene in "It's a wonderful life" where he rescues his brother from falling in through the ice.

Postby Maro » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 am

actually no i had to pull myself out , which was hard , but thankfully my mom managed to get to me and warm me up and bring me home before i was too bad... ^^;; no hospital needed thankfully

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

Postby galled » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:18 pm

When I was a kid I was a afraid of the ocean (thanks JAWS!), and heights. The funny thing is I eventually earned my Jr. Lifeguard card and then the mile swim badge in scouting, both in the ocean. I also became a commercial pilot and flight instructor. Life is stranger than fiction!

I've found that fear is a result of the unknown/not knowing enough to not be afraid. It's a sloppy way to put it, but I hope that makes sense.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:42 pm

I think I understand what you mean, lol.

I'm also terrified of heights and I love ziplining, lol.

Postby murmurlade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 am

My fear of heights ultimately comes from my fear of death >_>
If it's relatively safe and I'm in no actual danger, I'm pretty chill about it. There was an event a week ago where you could bungee jump off the fifth storey of the shopping mall..... it didn't come close to ziplining in terms of excitement, but I supposed actual bungee jumping would be way more terrifying :3c

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 pm

That's pretty much why there's phobias. People get scared of certain situations they determine to be dangerous so they avoid it, every phobia comes down to the fear of death, really. I'm afraid of heights because I'm afraid something bad will happen and I will fall and -splat-...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm

fear of death or fear of hurting ourselves

Postby murmurlade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:37 pm

Yep, that too! It's good not to think about it.... because when you start, there's no end to it. After all, there are thousands of ways to die XD

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Previous

Return to Hinterland