Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Moderator: Ryvvi

Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:18 pm

I noticed there seems to be a consistent discussion of driving experiences...

you could be learning, just got your license, or be a seasoned driver...maybe you have a commercial license!
Maybe you have had experiences as a passenger...
Share your stories!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:26 am

Re: Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Postby Bassy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 pm

I was in the backseat of a car with some friends and we were heading back to town. So we were in the turning lane when there were these kids who were dancing and all in the car in front of us. It was a red light and one of the boys (Possibly 12 or 13 years old) pulls his pants down and shows his cheeks at us. We just laughed. After we turned he stuck his head out the window for just a few moments and right after he stuck his head back in, a truck went by. He almost lost his head there!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 pm

I have terrible road rage and so I went to the store and people would slowly walk, not just across, but diagonally, along with it, as a barricade, taking their time, and stopped once. I was sick and needed to get some cold medicine and got frustrated because I just want to get back to my room. I also got more frustrated as drivers out there would drive so slowly, a little old lady could waltz right passed them. Worse drivers than my hometown, where someone backed out of the parking spot and almost hit me. Yup. At least my road rage is me yelling out loud to myself.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:14 am

I just really hate driving. I get panic attacks if I'm driving somewhere I've never been before, or if I'm stuck in a really traffic filled area. The sad part is I have to dive to Knoxville in a week and I really hate driving on the interstate.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Hocus, I feel for you, I hate driving to new areas and I especially hate traffic jams in the cities - especially when the freeways merge and the one you need to get to is way over on the other side and you have to manipulate getting over there!And if you miss it you are screwed because figuring how to get on and off and back gets you lost.So, I look at maps before I go and plan out alternative routes if I can. But hopefully you can bring a passenger who can navigate with a smart phone for you - or do you have gps? And have them help check out the lanes. We say "clear" instead of "go" just to be safe.

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 am

I've only driven a car like three times, the driving part i'm good at... parking not so much gotta work on that..

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:02 pm

I recommend taking at least a driving lesson for parking. Do you sail at all? I treat backing up into a parking spot like maneuvering a sailboat alongside a wharf. works for me.

Postby Maro » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:35 pm

nope I don't sail, the problem is I need my glasses so I don't get migraines but the sides of them act as blinders practically so I need to get different pairs for driving

Postby murmurlade » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 pm

(*´艸`*) everyone I drive with gets so restless in traffic jams and end up screaming inside the car.. but I'm pretty comfortable with it. mostly because I make sure to accommodate the jam in my schedule LMAO

if you don't have a car in this country........... you can't get anywhere, i swear

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:17 am

I'm working on getting my permit, I'm relatively good with steering and speed control like I said it's just parking and reversing that messes me up... eheh..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

whispers<driving lessons> it's worth paying someone for a couple, especially fro parking.

Also, practice parking in an empty lot when the church/store/post office/ gov't offices are closed.

Postby Maro » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:29 am

I am planning on doing that just gotta convince someone to let me try in their car is all..

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:23 am

I really don't like cars for 2 reasons, first is that i get carsick, like really badly. Second reason would be the average speed my car travels at is 40 mph because my mom drives. OTL
I really wonder what it's like to learn how to drive though, do you get used to the controls and all? It looks so complicated. o-o

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby galled » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:31 am

Driving isn't that complicated or scary really. It's the OTHER drivers that terrify me and make it dangerous. Some people really should have their licenses taken away from them. Then again, they're such bad drivers, I don't think having no license would keep them off the road (the don't follow the rules already). :(

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz