Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Postby murmurlade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 am

I'm pretty sure the roads around here still belong to the government.. it wasn't a gated community until a year ago, and even then I don't think the neighbour community would pay for the rights/contract/whatever it was to turn it into a private road......

For example, if someone parked to the side of my house (not exactly blocking anybody), if it was a private road and the area surrounding my house belonged to me, I would be able to tell them to move, right? But since the roads still belong to the gvmt, I can't do anything about it.

Anyway those kids are really reckless.... I hope they don't get into an accident.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 12:46 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby galled » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 am

Yes, I hope they don't hurt themselves either, but at the same time, as horrible as it may sound, I'm OK with Darwin taking out the stupid ones. :0

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 9:46 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby murmurlade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:09 pm

LMAO. agreed though! i mean, if you're trying to cram five people on a motorcycle or mess around when its moving, you've kind of got it coming for you.....

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 12:46 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:48 pm

I think the rules on the roads in a gated community are a little different then public streets. I thin the homeowners association rules may state the rules of parking. A gated community near me does not allow you to park on the streets, only in designated parking spots and you can not leave a vehicle in your drive way parked over night - it has to be in your garage. Guests have to park in the guest parking only...it's a little too rigid in my opinion but they can designate where you park or you can be fined there.

Postby I Shall Engrave » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:53 am

I'm ashamed to say that I can't drive yet. I'm making a slight effort to study for my permit test. Once my semester ends I'll have more time to concentrate on that.

When my father was young, he got hit by a car and hit his head on the curb. The vehicle behind the one that hit him was an ambulance. That's the next best thing to not being hit by a car at all.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:46 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:26 pm

ISE: your Dad was probably so fortunate that the ambulance was right there! Providence?

It seems like some places have stricter rules for getting your drivers license then others. Honestly, I think people should have a certain amount of hours of lessons first. Driving a car is like handling a weapon... people need to be responsible.

Now cars are being made where the car is doing more of the driving then the person. I wonder how that will effect getting y our license? Will you need one at all? Can we program the car to take our kids to school and not be in the car to take them there?

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 am

wait you guys dont do a required amount of hours? we have to do 120 hours with learner plates on and a fully licensed driver, and then another 3 years on probationary license D:

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 3:46 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:23 am

Now that sounds more responsible!

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:50 am

it takes forever D: and i dont know a single person who didnt fudge their hours even a little (my mother lied on mine) xD
the probationary comes with a whole bunch of rules too, gotta maintain zero alcohol at all time, limited passengers, less demerit points etc
i dont actually know any of the other constraints which is terrible because thats what im on at the moment :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 pm

I wonder why they don't have you do a log book ( like when you fly an airplane). still seems like it would be difficult to track the hours...although I guess you'd do a running total?

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 pm

no we have it in a log book! got to write down the starting kilometers and what it ends up on your gauge, plus driving conditions (youve got to do a minimum 20 hours night driving) the time spent driving down to the minute etc

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:13 pm

oh wow! so organized!! Well, if you are under 18 here in California there some stringent rules, but once you pass 17.5 you don't have to do all the online courses/ driving lessons with accredited person and the log of hours . Ya, once you are 18 there is very little requirements other then to pass the written and then the driving.

Maybe that's what makes for some pretty crazy drivers here though.

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 am

oh wow that so lenient :O
youngest you can get your full licence is 22 here its so weird to think you can just like... pass one test then go?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:58 pm

If you are 16 there are rules about not driving with anyone but family and not driving after 10 pm etc for the first year. But you get a lot of high schooler's who don't adhere to that and I honestly think the police just turn a blind eye.... but they can't pull you over because you "look 16", yo have to be doing something wrong.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:56 pm

5 days, and I have to renew my license to get my under 21 restriction off, lol. Then I'm free as a goat! lol.

Well, it expires in May of this year soooo. Yeah.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland