Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:04 am

So, some other States do have restrictions for under 21 it sounds like then

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 am

It's only there to make sure I don't buy alcohol. Lol.
There's no driving restriction, just "Hey, this person is under 21. Make sure they don't buy alcohol because they're not alcohol-legal yet!"

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 am

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:12 pm

21 is so old for alcohol! is there any like underage drinking that goes on? like we cant buy alcohol until we're 18 and technically its illegal for someone to buy it for underage ppl, buuuut i dont know many people who didnt drink well before then, with their parents knowledge/permission

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:37 pm

In the US, the drinking age is 21, but that's never stopped teenagers.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:13 pm

no it hasn't

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Soooooo, driving experience....

Some arsehole decided to tail me at 10:45pm, dark out.
I decided to speed up so that he's a good distance away, he speeds up as well, not taking the flipping hint.
Like, I could see his headlights in my rearview mirror, but couldn't see his vehicle in my side mirrors, he was that close. I was also getting close to my house and thought he was going to hit me.

I swear, some people don't need a car since they can't drive, which is obviously more than being able to control and make the car move and stop.

Postby galled » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm assuming it's a two lane road. I hate that... If it gets really out of hand, I'll turn down a street to let the moron go. I don't like pulling over on the side of the road (fear of getting a flat tire), and at night that's just dangerous. I used to like to drive, but it's bad drivers that make driving not fun.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:16 pm

I hate driving at night, especially when there are few or no street lights, you can't see very far ahead so you can't prepare for obstacles or animals crossing.

I'm glad you were safe Monkeygirl and he didn't hit your car or force you off the road. I do find if you speed up the person behind just speeds up too. I suppose you could have maintained the speed limit and let him pass you.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:09 am

He couldn't pass, legally anyway.

I almost decided to honk my horn or pull off somewhere to let him pass, but I was like 3 houses away from my own house.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:08 pm

to me the scariest part of driving is not knowing if the other people are going to follow the rules of the road and be aware of their environment when driving

Postby Polaris » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Aggressive drivers are just, blegh! I understand that we can all get a little cranky, and that's fine, but that still doesn't warrant ANY reason for aggressive drivers to lash out, tailgate, etc. One of my biggest fears is being tailed home by an angry driver and being confronted by them. I've so close to getting my license, but I've been so used to having my dad in the car with me that I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't there to help me out with aggressive drivers. I'm not an angry driver myself, in fact I've never used my horn on anyone, but still. Mannnnnn, people do stupid things when they're angry :

As for driving experiences, this one time a white pick-up truck tailgated my dad and I while we were driving. It was around 11 or so at night and the truck was in front of us at a stoplight, taking his sweet time at the green light. My dad honked the horn and this guy decides to basically put his car in reverse and floor it JUST until he nearly hit our front bumper. Now my dad, who's also guilty in being an aggressive driver (he's my role model on what NOT to do when driving), tailgates him a little. The pick up truck guy then decides to move to the lane left of us, slow down, and then proceeds to follow us all the way back to our neighborhood. So, obviously we had to lose him somehow because there's not telling what this guy was planning to do. His license plate was from Texas, and I was worried since most of the Texan drivers I've encountered on the road were pretty aggressive and reckless too (plus, there's Texans and their guns), one even swerving right in front of me to change into my lane just as the light hit green. It took us about 30 minutes to lose him, and then we stayed out driving for an extra 20 minutes just to make sure. Pretty traumatic for me, but all in all it's helped me to become a smart driver and not succumb to road rage.

EDIT: Sorry this is kinda long :strain:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:08 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:49 pm

I admit I have terrible road rage, but it's mostly me yelling out at them (not like so they hear me, but just to like get my anger out at them to myself) and not doing something stupid and dangerous.

And, worst thing to happen on a rainy, stormy day on my home from work is to have your vehicle to act up and something go wrong. Thankfully, I got back okay having to turn my flashers on to caution other drivers to stay a bit further away so they don't hit me.

Like, it would just continuously slow down and it wasn't my fault, the stupid tcs decided to stop working properly.

Postby Watery Star » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 pm

Doesn't everyone yell in the car to themselves?
I hated driving in the rain.

On the way back home from Florida we see a caravan of police cars up ahead. There was one policeman with a radar gun and one the the police cars drove off to get a speeder. We got pulled over too. Policeman said my boyfriend was going 85mph in a 70. Flat out lie, he was going 78 or 79 at least that's what the digital display showed. So now he has a $245 ticket that he can't contest because that would require driving back down to Florida.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:50 pm

lol, a police officer here said they really don't look at you if you stick within 10 miles of the speed limit but once you get close to 80 they nail ya.

I stick around 70 and seem to be ok, sometimes I go faster with the traffic but I don't dare risk the higher speeding ticket.

Watery: I guess the good news for you is that you were in a different state and I think that doesn't go against your license?

Postby Watery Star » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:58 pm

It might depend on the state. Think it is going to count against him. The cop had mentioned going to traffic school to remove the point.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland