Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Riding in the car - driving experiences - share yours

Postby Diana » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am

I've only been pulled over once before, which was not my fault, haha.
I was learning to drive still, and the car I was in had an expired registration. :cry: It was not my car, and not really a driving related thing, so I didn't get a point, and it wasnt ssuper out of date so the owner of the car had to get their registration renewed and show it to the traffic offense office and it was all good.
Getting pulled over is so stressful, and I get super freaked out any time a cop, or cop looking car pulls behind me. :cry:

Site Admin

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:13 am

I had to pull over once. Not by a cop but because my van broke down. I managed to get it back home, but I can't drive it to work now. This was on like Friday, lol.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am

Postby galled » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:32 am

Getting pulled over is scarey--it seems like the cops shoot people more often today...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Galled, I think that's more if they think you might be doing something suspicious or if you live in a bigger town or city.
Keep Your hands on the steering wheel and ask the cop if you can get your license out of your wallet and your registration out of your glove compartment before you do it and then it doesn't look like you are reaching for a gun. Hopefully that will keep you from getting shot or pulled out of the car. Of course, don't drive drunk, buzzed or drugged up.

Monkeygirl, having your car break down can be very scary. I'm glad you made it home, I hope it isn't anything too difficult or costly to fix. Thankfully we have cell phones to call up a friend or parent or tow truck if we break down. I had a flat a few times and was so happy to have my cell phone with me.

Postby Bassy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:01 pm

While on a trip to Indiana, there is a lot of construction and there is a very very narrow road...a semi was next to us and guard rails really close on the other side. Nervous kind of a ride.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:15 pm

I hate narrow roads that have no shoulder to move onto and big rig trucks that come barreling past!

Postby Bassy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Though it was a high way, but it turned narrow. So glad no wrecks happened.

Which reminds me that just yesterday, I was going to pick up something and there was these two cars in the turning lane across the street. I saw NO cars coming. As I turned, out of the blue, there was a car zooming right pass me. Yes, his light was green, no, my light was NOT red, blinking yellow. I felt so shooken up because I didn't have my car for very long and this guys car is nice, I wouldn't want to hit that..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:09 pm

I am glad you are safe! ya, got to look hard both directions - especially when people whizz in and out of traffic.

Saw a guy on the freeway - no blinkers - just dodging in and out of traffic, speeding up, slamming on breaks, barely moving in between someone had to try and move over on the side of the road because he almost hit them. Maniacs.

Postby Bassy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Earlier today, there is hardly any space between two cars on the interstate on the left lane. This guy, was behind a semi, and tried to pass it...went in between the two cars and the car behind him had to slow down.. TWICE. That guy did it TWICE.. I was so mad seeing that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:46 pm

That's when you really wish they'd get caught and maybe have their license suspended. We had a few accidents locally where people passed semi's and crash head on to on coming traffic - or the one car manages to get out of the way and they hit the car behind that and the people driving like they are supposed to be end up getting killed or seriously injured. So frustrating.

I hat too when something has fallen off a persons truck on to the freeway and then everyone is trying to dodge it. Why don't they have their stuff tied down or contained properly!!

Previous

Return to Hinterland