Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Moving and such things

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Moving and such things

Postby Lime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 pm

I want to ask about your marriage(s), but I feel like it would be impolite. :) It's just general curiosity!

And yeah, that doesn't found very pleasant. I don't like going very far! Lol. I was engaged to my one boyfriend at 19, and I was going to move to Texas with him. I'm from Canada, haha. Still am! He turned out to become incredibly abusive over the years, so I eventually came back home and I stayed here for good. I never moved there though, just took very long holidays months at a time.. Haha.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:56 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Cora » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm

What exactly would you like to know about them?

I don't mind talking about them anymore.

Postby Lime » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:19 am

Just I suppose, how that happens so young? o: And how old were they?

Also I'm curious about the legal issues regarding the divorce and stuff, if you guys did get married. Did they treat you differently because you were young?

Sorry if it's impersonal, haha. I get curious about things, and sometimes I get a little impolite. If you don't want to say anything, don't worry about it!

Postby Cora » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Why did I get married?

Well, the first thing I will tell you, is that anyone who says arranged marriages don't happen in america, have never been part of the elite few known as the rich. My father (now in conversations I will refer to my father and my dad, these are two separate people. My father is my birth father. My dad is the man that took me away from all that and protected me from my father and my first ex husband).

My father is a rich man. I grew up with a lot of money. I had everything I ever wanted and I thought I was happy. So when my father chose for me a husband, fresh out of medical school. I of course pushed back and tried to fight it. But father chose to tell me it was do as he said or he was kicking me out of the house and also cutting me completely out of his will. I didn't know what to do, so I married the man.

Eric, was older then me by 14 years. He was 30 when I married him. And those 4 years of marriage were hell. I held onto the marriage for 4 years, and dealt with anything that was thrown at me. It was only after the last time that man hit me (among other things), I crawled from the house with 4 broken ribs, a broken arm, and a fractured skull. I called my father....and it was then that I decided I didn't give a fuck about his money anymore.

I moved back to New York, not because of my father, but because of my siblings and mother.

((that was probably more then you cared to know. I'll stop, my second marriage was actually much nicer, the end probably not so much, but I actually loved (a part of me still loves) my second husband and that makes a difference))

Postby Lime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:41 pm

No no, it's fine. And really? I mean, it's not that I don't believe you- but it's.. just really hard for me to believe something that crazy! I grew up on the opposite end of the spectrum. We've always been poor, and it's been nothing short of a difficult life (not like yours though!) And it's all I've ever known. After I pay rent each month I have $100 for groceries, miscellaneous bills, or heaven forbid extra spending. My check for the entire month is $600. I've lived like that for my whole life though. I never spend extra or have anything extra because I've never been able to afford it. I could never go on field trips at school because my mom could never afford to pay the $10 fee, lol. I had teachers offer to buy me clothes or shoes, and a few times I used to keep items from the lost and found that weren't mine! Haha.

I like to make jokes about it, you know how humour helps everything. At least I think so. But I can't even imagine that kind of thing. Like.. jeez. Don't worry about talking here! Everybody is open and friendly. But gosh. I can't even imagine.

Postby Cora » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 pm

You're fine, it's rather unbelievable tale. My brother(he's also been disowned by father for taking my side and moving out. Poor father lost his precious Trente) tells me I should write a book, about my life except its like you've said, its too unbelievable. I can't help but laugh about it now, not what happened, but the fact that it all happened the way it did. I have to be able to laugh at it because the alternative is wallowing in self worthlessness, which I did for a while, and then one day with the help of my second husband I just didn't care anymore. I felt free.

I've never really know what its like to be poor, but I am by no means rich anymore. I rather live paycheck to paycheck these days.

Previous

Return to Hinterland