Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

A Baby Mousy~

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: My house is being invaded!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm

ya, not alien invasion ...please...I had nightmares from it.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:54 pm

Postby Mousy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:45 am

Hello! I finally took a picture. The last one I took was like a month and a half old and the one before that was like 2 months. I'm not one to take pictures of my belly >.< AND this picture was taken after working all day. XD
This is a 21 weeks belly. I get to find out if it's a girl or boy on Dec 14!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:54 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:48 am

Congratulations!

You've probably been asked already, but do you have a name for the baby in mind?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:48 am

Oh! Oh! Oh! I am so excited you are sharing these moments with us!
(I may want to change my vote now seeing you are carrying rounded and up )

Your classroom looks clean and nice - cheerful and bright ,like you!.

Postby Mousy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:42 pm

@ISE
We are thinking Jacob or Kaylee. My husband has a very uhm.. unique name and he refuses to name our children in the same way. XD Jacob is like the normal version of his name and Kaylee is a mishmash of my name and his middle name. Names are so hard! I didn't like having a "kid" name growing up/while I was in college. If we go with Kaylee, then my daughter would have the same problem and Jacob is a really common name.... I wish kids could just pick their own name that they would want. However, if that were the case I probably would have been Princess Pocahontas Nala Ariel Snoopy pants or something. =P

@LC
Thank you! My students were in stations and they were doing really well on their own and I didn't want to disturb their vibe. So, I cleaned my room. :cheeky:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 pm

you should make a list of names and at your baby shower have people pick their favorites from your list...choosing names is so difficult...and made worse when someone has a baby before you and picks the name you wanted!

[+] SPOILER
I was named after my Grandma, (who I did love very much) - only come to find out after she died that it wasn't her real name anyway, it was just the English-ized version but I would have preferred that to what I got!,sigh>

Now, with my babysister all of us 6 kids voted on her name, and it was unanimous, so my Dad ( step), got to use the name he picked as her middle name - it was a better flow anyway.But we all love her to death and maybe that is because we helped pick her name! (Naw, she was just adorable and still is a sweetheart).

Jacob will probably get Jake... Kaylee is more unique. A friends daughter is Katherine and she went by Katie until her daughter decided to change it to KayTee. So, eventually they can pick out their own name.

Ok here's a link to names and I actually don't like most of the old fashioned names on it (but a few I do) however, some of the baby photos are so cute its worth looking at those!
http://www.everydayfamily.com/slideshow ... nging-back

Re: A Baby Mousy~

Postby Mousy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:56 pm

awww those pictures!! XD

I'm so glad that I'm going to the Dr tomorrow. I have been up almost all night with horrible back pain. It's only on the right side and it is AWFUL. Nothing I've been doing helps-changing positions, sitting up, walking around, medicine, etc. and it makes me so nervous. I hope it's all normal and that I'm just paranoid, but I'll definitely have some questions tomorrow and I'm happy that it's an ultrasound appt so that we can SEE if everything is going well too. phew. I'll let you guys know what I find out. ;D

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Mousy: will keep you in our prayers. Sometimes it is just pressing on your sciatica so ask the dr about that and the exercises you can do. Sometimes it feels as bad as labor pain. What kind of shoes are you wearing? Make sure you get the kind your grandma would wear for foot support (or a supportive pair of sneakers).

Postby galled » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:52 pm

There are probably some stretches you can do to help. We have nerves that cross your bone joints and when there's more pressure on them the gap closes a bit and presses on those nerves which causes the pain--which causes them the inflame a bit and rub more. Stretching restores some of these gaps and allows your nerves to calm down a bit.

Oh, I'm so excited to hear about the baby mousy!! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I am wearing horrible shoes. All flats. All the time. -_- I'm just not ready to wear dresses and tennis shoes, but I'm going to have to. XD

The pain isn't nearly as bad anymore! the baby moved from my back and onto my bladder. My stomach was extremely sensitive for a few days even to the touch and I was in a lot of pain after work. We considered going to the hospital, but there was no bleeding and hospitals are expensive. I'm going to chalk it up to a growth spurt for the baby and for me and baby playing with back nerves. My stomach is like double what it was in that picture it seems like!

One of my coworkers got me one of those large exercise balls to sit on instead of a chair and it was immediate relief. I'm shocked at how this thing makes my back feel. I'm even sitting on it now.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:32 am

that was very thoughtful of your co-worker! The ball is recommended by my chiropractor. Considering you have a watermelon pushing on your organs 24/7 its no wonder you are having trouble being comfortable! When you get home try laying on your side so it offsets the weight and gives your body a break...and do you have to wear dresses? Maternity clothes are so cute now and they have pant sets that look very comfy but fashionable.

Postby Mousy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:17 pm

I don't HAVE to wear dresses, but I do have to dress professionally. My tennis shoes are hot pink. I might try to find some that are black or white so that they don't stand out as much and hopefully some that look good with the skinny type of pants because that's all I have that will fit right now. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Natural sole makes some very comfortable shoes that are dressier and support your feet (not your Grandma's kind!) I think Kohl's carries them. Google to see who carries them. I'd say your Hubbies T-shirts at home but you probably swim in those! :grin_wink:

Postby SkydivingNude » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:45 pm

How cuute!!!
Is this your first baby mousy?
Do you have any names in mind? Like I know you don't know the gender yet but like have any crossed your mind?
Congratulations!!!!

Postby Mousy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:39 pm

skydivingNude

I actually found out the sex this past Monday, but I completely forgot to update this thread! It's a boy and we're naming him Jacob. My husband's name is very, very unique and Jacob is like the tame version of his name. He didn't want his kid to experience the same biases and just all around struggles of having a strange name. Haha
This is my first baby and we're so excited! If the baby had been a girl, the name would have been Kaylee.

@ LC
I just a did a google search on those shoes and they do not look bad at all! they would definitely be better than my pink ones. XD

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland