Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

A Baby Mousy~

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: A Baby Mousy~

Postby galled » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Oh my! You look wonderful!! So excited! Thanks for sharing!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 7:09 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:54 am

I think you have one of those balls you sit on stuffed in there! That little guy is sure as heck growing! Thanks for sharing the update!!

ONLY 8 weeks left? Looks like he is going to arrive with the Easter bunny

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:59 am

He's so big! I would not be surprised at all if he decided to appear a week or so early. I'm really hoping for a week LATE, but that's just for maternity leave purposes. XD

A lady in petco decided to announce to her posse a few weeks ago that I was going to have my baby that night as I walked past. Thanks lady, but you were soooo wrong. XD

I look gigantic in comparison to the ladies in my birth class that are in the same time frame I am, but that's because they are all taller and bigger framed than I am. They have more room to fill out. I am pretty petite and so the only way to grow was straight out.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:09 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:18 am

That's right, the Easter bunny is coming earlier this year....well, maybe he'll wait until after April fools day!

being petite makes a difference, since you don't have as much space hopefully you aren't too uncomfortable.

Did you get a front back pack for the first few months to put him in?

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:25 am

It's on our registry.... Hopefully someone will get it for the shower, but if they don't, that's okay too! We'll just get it ourselves. We're waiting on some purchases for after the shower on the 29th of this month.

I haven't had much discomfort now. I do wear a maternity belt though because gravity just isn't anyone's friend. haha!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:49 am

good idea to wait, hopefully you will get some helpful items and not just clothes ( although the clothes are SO cute for babies).

You don't need a lot but there are a few essentials to making your life easier...

bouncy seat, http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=boun ... ouncy+seat
front back, http://www.target.com/p/boba-air-lightw ... s_vv|pdpv1

baby hiking back pack

EXERSAUCER - works for their entertainment and eating space and will let you get so much done

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm really hoping that they give tons of diapers! XD

Those are some really good ideas. I'll have to add them!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 pm

oh yeah, as a new Mom you will be looking for so many ways to occupy the little one and still try to get things done.

The first 3 weeks - if you get a shower in (on your own without baby sitting in the bouncy seat on the floor looking up at you) you have done well.
You will feel like you are constantly on tap for awhile - so just remember not to get frustrated and remind yourself that is your main concern everything else is secondary. A fed baby is a happy baby ( leave the burping for Daddy).

The rest, house cleaning,cooking etc that is Daddy's job ( and any relatives that come to help out).

The best thing is, mommy's milk is happy juice.

AND DON"T FORGET THE DIAPER GENIE!!! (for those fragrant diapers, but if you are nursing they don't smell as bad. It's not until they start eating other foods that they really start to smell).

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:58 pm

My mom keeps picking things up for me and i'm really grateful XD

We already have a diaper genie because I can't handle smells even before I was pregnant!! I gag so easily... I couldn't even handle the litterbox beforehand so i'm really glad that I'm not even allowed to touch it right now. Haha!
And showers? Who needs showers! lol jk the hubs is already really good about the housework. I know I'm going to get the time I need as long as he's home.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Nice thing is, there are so many new conveniences to help you out.

Ah, kudos to Mom.

I don't know how single Mom's make it. The extra pair of helping hands is so important.

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:17 pm

or how they afford it! I can't imagine going through this alone. O_O

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 pm

I never got why the Fathers weren't allowed into the delivery room.... you see these old shows and they are asked to wait outside.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:44 pm

http://www.lifedaily.com/cat-lovingly-g ... ide-since/

Mousy : Is this you? (the cat in this article has taken over her pregnant belly - reminds me of the stories of your cat!)

Postby Mousy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:04 pm

awwwww! I wish it were me! My cats are really indifferent to my belly and to the baby stuff. They aren't interested in the crib or anything. It's really weird. Usually they are all over everything.

My due date is in exactly 1 week~ I have all of our stuff ready for the hospital. The house is ready for family. It's go time. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Can I do a guess your due date and time thread? It might be fun to see if anyone comes up with the delivery time.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland