Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Well...Today is the Day.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Well...Today is the Day.

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:41 am

My wisdom teeth are being pulled. I am super nervous about it. I just want to get this done. The pain is going to be bad today. I am hungry but I can't eat anything yet. How long does this pain last?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Well...Today is the Day.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:06 am

Are you going under general anesthetic that you can't eat? Sleep it off today. If you had local anesthetic then it would feel numb for about 3 or so hours.

I just took Advil for mine and I did ok. Hopefully you won't get much swelling. Soft food diet and no nuts or food with little pieces until the sockets have healed over so that nothing gets trapped in them. The sutures should keep it fairly sealed. No extreme temperatures, more tepid or luke warm very hot seems to be worse, or you will feel it in the bones and that will hurt. Don't forget the ice packs today.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:02 pm

I just got back. I was put to sleep. I remember waking up feeling like I was crying. And they said I was singing during the procedure lol

Postby galled » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

That's funny! I've never heard of anyone singing while under twilight sleep. So how do you feel? Pretty traumatic, but I recall it being not as bad as I imagined it would be.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:30 pm

It wasn't that bad. My jaw hurts a bit and yet to feel my bottom lip. It's coming back to its senses. I am so hungry right now, but I have to wait for my dad to get back with my meds and yogurt, pudding, soups, etc.

Postby galled » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Treats!! Yep, you're going to be fine. It's all downhill from here! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:30 pm

My gums hurt now and I just want the gauzr out of my mouth.

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

good luck bassy!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:00 pm

The pain wasn't too bad afterwards so I definitely won't be using the severe pain meds.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 pm

I hope you took the ibuprophen before the anesthetic wore off and take about 500mg (2 to 3 tablets) about every 6 hours for the next three days and you shouldn't feel much pain.The ibuprophen is also an anti inflammatory so it helps with swelling as well.

You only need to bite on the gauze for 30 minutes or less to stop the bleeding. If it starts bleeding again then bite the gauze about another 10 minutes. A little blood is normal.

Remember to eat the soup tepid ( cooler not hotter) and don't drink through a straw - the sucking motion can draw the clot out of the socket and you end up with a dry socket which hurts.Which includes not doing a lot of spitting. No mouthwash or alcohol until it is healed up ( a week to 10 days). Follow their instructions and you will make it through!

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:08 pm

I had to use mouthwash that they prescribed be. I didnt take any meds before hand. I didn't get any inflammation, I just ate ravioli, apple sauce, and yogurt. I am craving ice cream so bad right now..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:29 pm

They probably prescribed you the peridex mouth rinse - I don't believe it contains alcohol. Inflammation generally comes when you wake up but hopefully you will be the exception. Ice cream is ok, just let it warm up abit, like soft serve, and eat it in small spoonfuls. The extreme temperatures are what aggravates the bone...your body needs to adjust to the assault on it and fill in new bone.

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:32 pm

The Ice cream I am craving is soft serve. It's sonic. I'm not getting a milkshake though I can drink it without a straw if I ask them to make it extra thin. But just a sundae is what I want. I am getting hot fudge so it wouldn't be ridiculously cold

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:34 pm

just no nuts!!!

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:36 pm

I'm waiting a few days for me to eat solids. I saw pork my mom made for dinner and I was hungry and craving it...but I was sad I couldn't eat it. These cravings, man.

Next

Return to Hinterland