Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Well...Today is the Day.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Well...Today is the Day.

Postby ciel » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:53 pm

glad its over with!
and it doesn't sound like it swelled too badly?

the most painful part for me was the swelling, my jaws were all bruised from it. it was so puffed up i lost my chin! my face was completely square it was kind of funny haha

i was so confused when i woke up because before they put me under they asked me to remove my sweater, but when i woke up (which felt like only a second later) they had put my sweater back on!

they also gave me a pill to take before i came in to calm me down, which i guess worked because i didn't care at all when they put the needle in my arm. i just looked at it for a second because i was curious and then i was out haha

to anyone else who has to get it done, the fear beforehand is the worst part!
the procedure itself is fine if you're put to sleep; afterwards it might be a little painful and you have to eat soft foods, but if you take the medicine they give you it will be healed before you know it

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Postby Bassy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't remember being knocked out or anything. I woke up ust tired. I was singing during th operation. I woke u p tears in my eyes though I felt no pain because of the meds. I never had severe pain .

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

Bassy, they probably just put you in "twilight" sleep. You aren't totally put under so that is why you could talk - or in your case sing. And they give you a local anesthetic. Sometimes the type of twilight sleep used you aren't put out but you don't recall the procedure - like wiping your memory of an hour.

General anesthetic puts you totally out and they don't need to give you local anesthetic to numb your mouth.

Sometimes they do a combination of "laughing gas" or nitrous oxide which you are still conscious, just feeling good.

Personally, I just had local anesthetic and did at different times.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Postby Bassy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:56 am

I am sure i didn't have laughing gas lol. I am somewhat sure I awoke for a second. Not entirely sure...I didn't feel anything. I know I dreamed of colors and shapes.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Previous

Return to Hinterland