Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Chapstick/lip balm

Moderator: Ryvvi

Chapstick/lip balm

Postby Mousy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Have any of you majestic creatures finished a whole thing of chapstick?

I have never. in my entire life. made it through an entire tube of lip anything.
Is it even possible?

***Maybe this will be my New Years Resolution***

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Chapstick/lip balm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Me, I have. But because sometimes my lips get so dry, it actually starts to hurt, like my bottom lip would get raw. Because I have a tendency to lick my lips, lol, and that dries them out.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 12:54 pm

Postby Daemion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:38 pm

I think I finished one ONCE

But I carried it every where, and it was clear with flavor, so most of the time I was putting it on, it was for the taste rather then for the look or protection. I don't know if that actually counts.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:54 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 pm

I tended to lick the chap stick even if it doesn't have that fruity flavor, lol. But that's how I was before I put it on too.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:44 pm

nope, never finished a whole tube. In fact I just threw some out because I have no idea how old they are!

What brands have you found most effective? My dentist gave me one that I like but he has his label on it so I have no idea who makes it - guess I could ask next time... not that thrilled with chapstick brand myself. EOS has a pretty good one but I don't like the fat container.

Monkeygirl: Stop licking those lips!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 pm

I think the bees wax one. I hadn't had to use any in a while.

Postby Diana » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:42 pm

I found I have a really bad allergic reaction to most chapstick because of what they use as spf. I found I can use (and really like) the chapstick brand peppermint smell. I go through a tube every 1-2 months. Right down to the nubs!

If im going to finish a tube, I have to keep it with me where I have easy access to it, and only carry that one tube. If I switch off I will never finish. haha

Site Admin

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:13 pm

every so often i finish my moisturising lip balm! i buy too many different kinds to finish all the others though xD

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Maro » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:08 pm

i tend to lose them before i can finish them >v<

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 3:24 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Mousy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 pm

You guys are so magical!

Chapstick brand usually dries my lips out in the long run. It helps for the short term, but I'm almost positive there is some ingredient in there that dries out lips to make people buy more. Just a theory.

Burt's Bees is nice to use, but the Big Mouse steals those and loses them for me.

I have one that I really, really like! I got it in an ipsy bag a while ago and I still haven't lost it.

okay, that's a lie. But i haven't PERMANENTLY lost it. Just for a month or so. at a time. and in the dryer. >.>
Anyway, even if I do end up using the whole thing, i'll never replace it because it's expensive for lip balm.
http://www.jerseyshoresun.com/mongongo- ... aging.html

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:35 pm

I hate when the chapstick gets past the washer and into the dryer...why don't people check their pockets before they throw it in the laundry!? I hate putting my hands into other people's pockets to check for stuff.

Postby Mousy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 pm

*raises hand*
Guilty. So very guilty! XD
So many things come out of my dryer from Chapstick to money to pencil erasers to paper clips and I know that having a child is just going to make this worse. How many toys am I going to pull from the dryer just from MY pockets??
The Big Mouse always leaves his debit card in his pockets. so that gets extra clean. Just tonight I pulled his wedding ring from the wash. He goes "oh yeah! that fell off when it was full of water! Thanks!"

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I never use it
Never applied it either, so I'd easily make a mess
Oh welk

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Watery Star » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:50 am

I use one lip balm at a time and don't get anymore unless I use it up or lose it. I use to carry it in my pocket but I don't go out much anymore. Now I have a place on my dresser where I keep it so it doesn't get lost. I'm not as good with lip gloss because I don't wear it that often. I don't buy it for myself anymore.

I like using vaseline. I don't need to apply it as often as I do with chapstick. My mom got me vaseline lip balm for Christmas but I have to use up the 3pack of chapstick brand with spf that my boyfriend got me first. XP Maybe in 3 years I'll get to using it lol

Postby Balcan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:13 am

I use petroleum jelly. I have finished a small tub of it but that's because I have multiple uses for it.

Next

Return to Hinterland