Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Chapstick/lip balm

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Chapstick/lip balm

Postby Bliss » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 am

I've never gotten the chane to finish a tube of anything because I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS LOSE THEM :angry:
Ironically I love to buy cute chapsticks and lip balms, but inevitably without fail they tend to mysteriously vanish out of my possession ;w; My mother even recently brought mt some chapstick keyring holders from etsy (like the ones in this shop here) because she got tired of finding my lost chapsticks all across the house after I moved out xD That's been great so far, haven't lost anymore yet but time will tell if I will ever finish one!

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:34 am

Q: Bewitched Hat
Thanks so much Ciel for the lovely art! :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Just don't forget to unclip it if you wash your jacket :wink:

Postby Bliss » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:14 pm

I used to keep it on my work id cord, which I left in my jacket pocket and just like that I had lost another chapstick xD Now I keep it just on my keyring with my car keys because I know I'm never going to lose that one lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:52 pm

what did they put on their lips in pioneer days in the middle of winter? animal fat?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:17 pm

I saw on the news that the company EOS is being sued for not disclosing their product could contain ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction... really, if you are getting blisters on your lips, a rash around your mouth or the lips are cracking then maybe stop using a product..to me it is just common sense with any new product...do labels really need to say that something can cause an allergic reaction? The ingredients are listed!Always read first and then try a small area, discontinue with any adverse affects.

Postby Balcan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:15 am

My girlfriend decided to surprise me with this stuff:

http://lipbang.com

It is a vibrating/buzzing lip balm that's supposed to transfer when you kiss.

Also, if you use EOS lip balm, you're at risk for an allergic reaction. Many people have been complaining and there is now a law suit against the company.

Postby Diana » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:02 am

That's so dumb! The EOS lawsuit. EOS is one of the few chapsticks I can use without an allergic reaction. And I found that out because I know I react to the chemicals in "SPF" sunblock, so I read the ingredients and found out I can use it. :P

What is lip bang? That sounds mildy terrifying, and possibly not ok to put near your mouth. lol.

Site Admin

Postby Balcan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Ya there have been numerous complaints about EOS causing dryness, burning, flaking and other symptoms. I recently tried this and I've noticed the same reaction on my lips. Or the lip bang could be the culprit. Or my lips are in bad condition for other reasons.

Lip bang is supposed to be made with natural ingredients that are beneficial to lips. I had no idea what was happening after she kissed me because I've never heard of this product before

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:51 am

Gross, I wish companies could be more honest with what they put in their products. I know for a fact that lipstick used to contain lead before it was banned. :C

On the side note, I never was able to finish an entire stick of lip balm because I kept losing it and it always smelt and tasted like glue which I thought was gross. So now I stopped using lip balm but there's no end to my bleeding lips. xD

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:34 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:07 am

I think EOS brand is suppose to be natural ingredients as well ... but like anything, just because it doesn't have a bunch of chemicals doesn't mean you won't be allergic to something in it.

Have you tried Olive oil on your lips? Or grapeseed oil? I'd suggest petroleum jelly but some people don't like that its a petroleum byproduct. However, I do use it.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:15 am

Well that's why they should label everything on the labels at the back right? So allergic people know what's in there and what will make them react or not. ovo

For oils, nope. I'm not sure how that would work, what does it taste like though?
I tried petroleum jelly but it tastes and smells like glue or plastic. o-o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 am

For lighter olive oil, meaning not a strong taste, use extra virgin olive oil, do you use olive oil for cooking or dipping bread in or on salads at all? It kind of has a nutty taste.

Olive oil is also a good natural moisturizer and so is grapeseed oil. Just don't use it in your hair because it is very difficult to wash out and makes your hair look greasy for awhile.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 am

Not really, we use Olive Oil for cooking but I rarely eat salad so I don't exactly know what it tastes like.
Ooo I didn't know that! Thanks for the tips. C:
By the way, what kind of lip balm do you prefer?

Postby Dizzy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm

yes! i actually just finished my first tube of lip balm last year, and it blew my mind. i usually end up losing them LOL
but i finally did it somehow. i normally just use jojoba oil instead of lip balm, so it's doubly crazy that i managed to finish one.

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 pm

I still have so many of them. I keep using them all up and saving the cases cause of cute things I saw on Pinterest to use them for. ^_^
My favorite right now is the Blueberry scented one I have.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:34 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland