Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

I wonder....how many is in this type of situation.......

Moderator: Ryvvi

I wonder....how many is in this type of situation.......

Postby Bassy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:17 pm

It's awkward, really awkward to be around my friends now. Why? Every. Single. One. is either taken or getting married. I end up the 5th wheel every time. They keep telling me to find a guy... um....how exactly?...

How many have ever been or in this situation? I feel like I am in an awkward place in my friendships with people........

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 12:39 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: I wonder....how many is in this type of situation.......

Postby Maro » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:04 pm

i've been in the situation before, honestly it's not that fun but the best thing to really do is just take things as they come, at least that's what i did.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Bassy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:08 pm

i didnt mind at first but i been single for 5 years and praying for a miracle. And im invited to go to the wedding my friend is having... its going to be awkward and i feel down everytime i go back from hanging out with them.I been acting quieter around my friends..

Postby Maro » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:18 pm

i hope things perk up for you bassy, i was single for a good while before i ended up with my [now] fiance >v<;

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:24 pm

wait, aren't you only 18? Do not rush a relationship! Especially being involved just so you don't feel left out. There are other single people out there to hang out with! A college and career group is usually a good one to go with...a club at university... or one of your friends usually has a friend somewhere. Focus on school and your work first because a relationship can mess with that. Even be friendly, not flirtatious, with the customers who come in and you never know... don't settle for just anyone because you are lonely. Not a good thing.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 am

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:33 pm

all my friends are the exact same bassy! engaged, married, long term high school sweethearts. and then theres me! single af xD
dont rush it bassy, and dont worry about being around couples too much :) it may be irritating sometimes, but they probably dont mean it to be~

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 4:39 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Meanwhile I'm 21, never had a bf/gf, and none of my friends are engaged, much less married

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Watery Star » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 am

I'm sorry you feel that way. I never dated in high school and felt awkward. Do they always want to be together? Ask if it can hang out sometime with just the girls, no guys.

I agree with not rushing it. Enjoy being yourself and doing what you enjoy. Now for meeting people, even just new friends, I can't really help. I had to turn to my computer and online lol

Postby Balcan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:16 am

"people always tell me "you're next" at weddings...so I started doing the same to them at funerals".

Seriously though, don't force a relationship for the sake of not being single. Also, just because someone's in a relationship doesn't mean they're tethered to that one person. There are plenty of activities to do together.

Postby Bassy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:36 am

Its just whenever I hang out with them. I'm starting to be more left out that I used to be. I tried my best to get my crush (old crush) to like me but it didn't turn out great. I guess that's what got me.
I don't force a relationship. I have waited and I still am. It's just everyone I am around makes me feel left out. I felt that way for years. I don't hang with my friends that often. I need single buddies but I don't have any.

Postby Watery Star » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 am

That's rude of them to leave you out. I hope you can meet some more considerate people.

Postby Bassy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 am

I hope so. I literally hear them make plans and I'm just there like....what about me?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Ya, I'm thinking maybe you need new friends. I think you also notice the loneliness more now that you are out on your own and honestly I have only a couple people I am still in contact with from high school. We all went our separate ways, moved, etc. It's ok to meet new friends and generally most of the people out there are like you so if you see someone who might look like they have similar interests then make a comment on and start up a conversation.

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:49 am

It's harder when you work off campus and can't have time to join clubs. The only thing I may have time for is the campus church. Which I hardly even have time for. But that's about it. I don't really care much for the people there, though that may sound mean, they leave people out, too.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:34 am

You're going to find that everywhere. You'll just have to figure something out. College can make it hard to make friends because there are so many people you never know and it's not like you've attended school with them for 12 years.

Next

Return to Hinterland