Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

What's your word?

Moderator: Ryvvi

What's your word?

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:10 pm

I started seeing this "Word of the Year" thing last year. I completely forgot about it, but since it's a new year, it started popping back up again.

The idea is that you pick one word to focus on either in place of or along with your resolutions for the year. The purpose is that you are intentionally looking for ways to experience that particular word or find that particular word.

I think that if I were to do this (and I'm really thinking about it), I would choose Joy. 2015 held a lot of terrible things for me and my family that are not over yet. I think that maybe I can handle these things better if I'm intentionally looking for joy in all things. The good and the bad. There are so many wonderful words out there, but for me, Joy, keeps popping up everywhere I look. I think this word is reaching out for me.

Some wordspiration- Joy, Trust, Peace, Love, Hope, Confidence, Discipline, Courage, Brave, Wisdom, Simplify, etc.
The possibilities are endless and the word doesn't have to make sense to anyone else, but you! If you need some extra inspiration or ideas about the word of the year, Pinterest is a pretty good place to look.

What will you choose for your Word of the Year? :L_Wing: :R_Wing:

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 12:43 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: What's your word?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:14 pm

this is a great idea, Mousy! I am going to think on it...usually joy is one I like to focus on but I think there are other words I need to implement in my life in order to experience all aspects of joy.

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 11:43 pm

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:30 pm

I worked at a Summer camp for 2 summers and we were assigned randomly to teams. My first year I was assigned to Grace and all summer, we looked for ways to experience, show, feel, etc. Grace. I was really annoyed with it at first- the word I mean.. Like the other teams were Joy, Peace, Love, Hope.. and I was on Grace. -_- BUT Wow.. I needed that word. I had never thought of choosing a word for a whole year though. Hope was my team for the 2nd summer. ^_^

I'm really surprised that last year was my first year seeing the Word of the Year because now that I've been researching it, I see that it's been around for Forever!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Sometimes in order "to see" we need to be "ready" to see :grin:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Interesting. If I had to choose a word of the year, it'd be motivation because that's what I've been lacking in this past year. No motivation to do anything.

So I choose motivation.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 1:43 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Mousy: you said "The idea is that you pick one word to focus on either in place of or along with your resolutions for the year. The purpose is that you are intentionally looking for ways to experience that particular word or find that particular word."

Maybe we can post how our progress is going on the words we choose and help encourage one another? :smile:

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:54 pm

MG- Motivation is a great word! Wow! I love it. ^_^ I'm excited to see how motivated you become this year. :D

LC- Absolutely! I would love to talk about our progress or our experiences with the word!
I think I'm going to start by posting my word in my frequent places. My bathroom, my truck, my desk at school, maybe the fridge.... XD

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:31 am

i'd have to pick confidence just because i want to be more confident in everything i do this year

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 4:13 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Balcan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 am

Hmmm....sobriety?

Oh, and dedication too because I have trouble committing to things.

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 am

Sobriety can easily fall under Dedication!
Dedicated to being sober. XD

Postby Akuyi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:43 pm

I choose independence!
Time to stop relying on my parents. xD

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 7:43 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Bliss » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Ooooh I love this idea!! :cheer: I really had to think about it....but I think I'm going to go for Perseverance! I need to have more of it! When things get rough or rocky this year, I want to be able to stay grounded and weather whatever storm life throws at me! :

Q: Bewitched Hat
Thanks so much Ciel for the lovely art! :heart:

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm

XD all of your words make mine look so teeny in comparison.
This is fantastic though! You all need to keep us updated on how you're doing with your word!

Today-
I found joy in doing a tedious and mundane task by pretending it was a game. :wink:

Postby DemonSeed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 am

Patience.

That will be my word for the new year :3

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 pm

Workin' On Event Funds!

.1k // ??k

Commons on hold until after All these events.

Postby Mousy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Ooooh patience is a good one! Gotta be careful with it though. I find that when I'm trying to work on patience, I'm given ample opportunity to practice. -_- so. Much. Practice.

These past few days, it's been harder to be joyful. BUT, it's a work in progress. I'm having to find little things to be joyful about instead of the whole big life picture.

Next

Return to Hinterland