Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

What's your word?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What's your word?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 pm

All such good choices, I could definitely incorporate them all into my life right now. Am still trying to pinpoint one.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:44 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, what do you need to improve the most? That's how I determined mine.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 am

Postby Mousy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Mine just wouldn't leave me alone. Is there a word that keeps popping up for you?

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 9:44 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:02 pm

I changed my mind I might want to go for compassion as it means I have to focus on others and that a lot of the time will get me not concentrating on my short comings.
Leaving this a s a work in progress for the moment

[+] SPOILER
For my word of the year I choose: COMPOSED
The adjective composed describes someone who is calm and shows no nervousness or agitation.

Composed encompasses the 3 C's I need to be : Calm, Collected and confident

I was stuck between choosing Confidence and Calmness and this encompasses both.
My frustration with management continues to build and I seriously need to work at being calm and composed, remaining focused on the task at hand and not easily agitated. Plus, I am a nervous and emotional person anyway and I need to control my nervousness so that it is not so visible.

Monkey:I have SO many areas I need to work on improving in my life!Deciding on just one is difficult!!

Postby Watery Star » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Don't think I've heard of this before. ^^

My word will be Discipline. I think it works well with my resolutions of exercising more and working on my webcomic.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 pm

wah.... :cry: I have been indecisive all my life, too many choices, right? :tongue:

So I am going to go week by week instead of for the whole year, that way I can work on small areas of my life in manageable steps. :wink:

This coming week I am going to try to work on being... :strain: ...APPRECIATIVE.... :heart:

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm

XD Tweek it to fit you.

Choosing Joy update~ Some weeks, it's really hard. Sometimes you aren't happy. You just aren't. Choosing Joy is just that- a choice. That choice is hard to make sometimes when things are kind of sucky. XD

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 9:44 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Today I am thankful that I was able to move my car without having to stand in rising water to do it...another 30 minutes and I would've had wet feet all day....and I thanked the person who came in to tell me that whoever was parked in the lot should move their cars asap.

Previous

Return to Hinterland