Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

I'm Finished!

Moderator: Ryvvi

I'm Finished!

Postby CopperCrewe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:24 pm

School is finally over for me (its been over since the 2nd) and it is wonderful! I am no longer a sophomore and now I am on my way to becoming an upperclassman! I ended up passing all my finals with A's, except Spanish (got an 83.75% on the final, but got an 95% overall in the class), Chemistry (I got a 70% on this final due to not being able to finish the last 11 questions within the time limit. However it only lowered my grade from a 95 to a 94%.) and Geometry ( I got 78% on the final, but 101% in the class, mainly due to my two final presentations which were the real finals.) I ended the year with a 4.4 GPA. It's great, it's wonderful and now I get to take a break because I have only 3 classes (they are all honor's/AP classes). The rest are electives, so it should be a pretty smooth year. Now I have to find something to do all summer. Any ideas?

In other news, I went to two graduations. My little sister's middle school graduation and my older brother's graduation from community college. It was so hot, it was actually 100 degrees, I was roasting in my dress. I felt bad for my siblings having to be in those gowns. Don't live in the desert. Just don't.
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am


"It's 1PM and I'm still in bed, eating a quesadilla while browsing the internet. I am not a functioning member of society. "

Re: I'm Finished!

Postby Bassy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Congrats! I am unfortunately an underclassman in college though lol. I am a sophomore now. I never made it to a 4.0. Maybe this semester I will be able to start bringing my gpa up :)
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 am


Image

Re: I'm Finished!

Postby CopperCrewe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Bassy wrote:Congrats! I am unfortunately an underclassman in college though lol. I am a sophomore now. I never made it to a 4.0. Maybe this semester I will be able to start bringing my gpa up :)

Thank you! I wish you luck with your grades!
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am



Re: I'm Finished!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Congratulations Copper! You should certainly be proud of those achievements, it shows good work ethics and resilience and dedication, all fine qualities to have.

Were you planning on taking any college classes over the summer? Part time job? Vacations with family?

100 degrees is too hot for me. The hottest I am ok with is in the 80's. Thank God for air conditioning on hot days though.
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am



Re: I'm Finished!

Postby CopperCrewe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Congratulations Copper! You should certainly be proud of those achievements, it shows good work ethics and resilience and dedication, all fine qualities to have.

Were you planning on taking any college classes over the summer? Part time job? Vacations with family?

100 degrees is too hot for me. The hottest I am ok with is in the 80's. Thank God for air conditioning on hot days though.


Thank you so much!

I was planning on taking college courses, but I remembered how last summer my parents were super angry at my brother for taking a summer semester. So that's out. Besides, its too late for FASFA.

I can't really get a part time job in my town, as we only have one main shopping center that does not hire any minors. And I don't have my license yet, so I can't get out of town to work. So that's out as well.

I know I'm going on one vacation to San Diego next week, but that's probably it because my mother can't ever get off work.

I could take some free classes online I guess? I don't really know though. Thanks for the suggestions though.
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am



Re: I'm Finished!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:04 pm

sometimes you can take summer college classes and that counts towards your high school graduation requirements AND college credits.
I think in the state of California (correct me if I am wrong) if you take college classes while you are in high school they are free, you just pay for books etc? Things like precalc, art, US history,economincs I believe. But I think there is a maximum you can take as a high school student.

Getting an associates degree and taking your general ed classes at college cuts your costs down considerably and then transfer to a University for your Jr or senior year. You also are more likely to get the classes you need at the college then at the university. Not sure how it is in other states.
With a high GPA like yours you should be able to qualify for scholarships.

Are family in San Diego?
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am



Re: I'm Finished!

Postby CopperCrewe » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:sometimes you can take summer college classes and that counts towards your high school graduation requirements AND college credits.
I think in the state of California (correct me if I am wrong) if you take college classes while you are in high school they are free, you just pay for books etc? Things like precalc, art, US history,economincs I believe. But I think there is a maximum you can take as a high school student.

Getting an associates degree and taking your general ed classes at college cuts your costs down considerably and then transfer to a University for your Jr or senior year. You also are more likely to get the classes you need at the college then at the university. Not sure how it is in other states.
With a high GPA like yours you should be able to qualify for scholarships.

Are family in San Diego?


Nope, the classes are certainly not free, but are discounted. (Like $100 per class, but i can't afford that) But FASFA is still the way to go for me, that way I don't pay anything but small fees. And my high school is an early college campus so we have the college available. And we can only take I think 3 credits worth of courses per semester? At least at my school. I'm just not allowed to take them during summer. I'll wait until spring semester. And my high GPA qualifies me for some scholarships, but not a lot due to my lack of extracurricular activities (too sickly for sports, and my parents don't let me stay after school.)

And no, I don't have family in San Diego, but I'm just going to the beach and the zoo.
User avatar


Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 am



Re: I'm Finished!

Postby galled » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Congrats on the grades and making it through another year! Summer!!

Check to see if any of the local community colleges offer free online classes for HS students. The trend is free community college for all although many only do one free year or one free semester now. Doing a class online would free your parents from any additional commitments. Perhaps the best news is if you're home for the summer, we'll see you here more often! :)
User avatar

Server Administrator
online

Local time: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:21 am


Image
Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.

~npixelz



Return to Hinterland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest