Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

3 Positive Things of the Day

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: 3 Positive Things of the Day

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Even if you are in a higher risk area just wear a mask, don't touch your face and wash your hands before eating or when you get back home, whichever comes first. It's not like it is mustard gas where you need an air mask. Shop smart (come with a list) and be quick. And shampoo works great if you are out of hand soap.

And congratulations Uchuuko!! You are soaring! I am so proud of how you are taking initiatives and entering contests etc! That first step takes a certain courage and commitment that many shy away from...thanks for sharing with us! I hope you continue to take bold steps!

1. Absolutely lovely day. Not overly hot!
2. Getting little things taken care of instead of letting them slide.
3. The wonderful people in my life who make me feel loved and appreciated!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 am

Postby Uchuuko » Sat May 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you so much Lemon. :heart: I needed body soap to get me through this next week. I found this Dial soap for a dollar. I kind of like it. I usually buy Dove soap, but I might switch to Dial if my skin fares well with it.

1. I am finally doing laundry. I had so much to put in the washing machine.
2. I found out that I will also be receiving something else for participating in the business pitch competion. I will get it Tuesday.
3. I'm glad I have some manga in Japanese with me. I've intended to sit on my bed and read them (again for some of them), but I never got around to it. This is partly because I don't want to handle them too much right now; they are out of print books, and were in used condition when I bought them. They look great for the condition they arrived in (two of them could pass as new). Recently I've been considering moving to Japan when I can. I could more easily make up my mind if I would be more comfortable riding in an airplane. :cry:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm

If you are moving then it might just be a one way trip on an airplane! Long flights are the issue...since you have to keep your circulation going everyone needs to walk around but how do you do that on a confined space??? I guess you could always sleep and that would put you in kind of a dormant stasis?

Dial makes some great inexpensive glycerin soaps that I really like.

!. Great news for Uchuuko!
2. My car is clean & waxed inside and out...oooo the outside is so nice and smooth!
3. Cooler day today so I don't feel like fainting from the heat.

Postby Uchuuko » Mon May 11, 2020 4:19 pm

Yeah about the long flights. I've never had to deal with turbulence, but if I were to end up going to Japan, I might have to experience it. I am afraid I will become sick mid-flight; I have been fortunate to have never been really ill during the flights I have taken (both times were a little over 3 hours), but I'm paranoid. I can get motion sick where I feel dizzy, and may feel queasy.

1. Earlier, I finally got to doing a tarot reading for this person elsewhere on the interwebs. I still feel a little drained, and I feel like laying down.
2. I took out my garbage.
3. I don't have classes to deal with right now.

Postby Uchuuko » Tue May 12, 2020 12:27 pm

1. I got the present from the coordinator of the business pitch competition I was in. It's a very good quality insulating cup with the competition logo on it.
2. It's not a very stressful day. I decided to study some new Japanese grammar and vocabulary.
3. I am taking steps towards starting an ecommerce website.

Postby Uchuuko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:06 pm

1. I could have gotten a job today, but they paid too low ($8/hour) so I declined their offer.
2. I got to and from the job interview I had safely and without problems.
3. I still have somewhere to stay for now.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Good interview "practice", Uchuuko! And a positive that they wanted you!

Can the school or program that you graduated from help with getting you a job? Some programs will do that.

1.Lovely day today!
2.My Mom came out of her surgery ok.
3.Heard from a friend haven't heard from in awhile & things are going well for them.

Postby Uchuuko » Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm

I haven't graduated yet, but they do have a career center I could contact. I am limited by where I can travel to right now, so I wanted to see the job listings that are posted online in the area I am currently in.

That is relieving that your mom survived her surgery at least without any immediate complications. I also have a buddy I haven't heard from in a while, and I can't say she is likely doing well herself. I left them a message and they haven't responded. I might send them another one.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Uchuuko, ohhhh I thought you were finished now...oops! Just for the summer then? Yes, check our the career center, where we live there are places that look to intern students so maybe you can get something like that?

Travel is difficult in the city areas right now with closures from Covid19. So many avoiding the mass transit and not all of it running anyway.

That was great you were able to figure out your route and had no probloems!

Postby Uchuuko » Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 pm

Yeah, I have two more classes to finish this summer.
I learned that the store I was interviewed at really wasn't far from where I was at all, although I wouldn't want to walk it all of the time.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Spoke with my Mom & she is doing well after her surgery.

I got some sun without getting sun burned!

Got lots of productive work done!

Postby npixelz » Wed May 27, 2020 6:46 am

Had a good day at work

Had chips

Watched some fun videos

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Uchuuko » Wed May 27, 2020 12:33 pm

1. I got some very good news! My stepdad inherited property from his mom who passed away over a decade ago. There was a very long case that is finally being settled, and the property will be sold. It seems that he likely never got in touch with the lawyer (despite the lawyer's attempts), but my mom is authorized to conduct business on his behalf. The lawyer sent to my mom (I found it and told her) important documents that need to be signed for the transaction to occur. On another note, my mom has not been able to get in touch with my stepdad prior to this news. I don't think my stepdad has been caring too much about the case; he has acted like he was trying to avoid it. This could be a chance for the chaos between my parents to end.

2. I'm not broke.

3. Nothing too bad has happened today. I am more concerned about positive thing #1. I hope my mom is still authorized to conduct business for my stepdad; the lawyer did say that she just found my mom's address in the message. My parents aren't divorced yet. They also have my stepdad's name wrong, so I wonder if someone tweaked his information...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 pm

1.Uchuuko has good news!
(I'm glad your Mom is getting help from a lawyer, if she is not divorced yet then she could be entitled to some of the inheritance money. Hoping it all works out for you!)

2.No headache after work today.

3. Beautiful day!

Postby Uchuuko » Thu May 28, 2020 12:57 pm

I don't think the lawyer is trying to help my mom. I think that while my mom had permission to take action for my stepdad, I don't know if something has changed since. This lawyer might be contacting my mom in order to figure out what is going on with my stepdad, and nothing more. The last time my mom spoke with this particular attourney, said lawyer wouldn't even speak to her- she said that she would only speak with my stepdad. My mom now wants to get an actual attourney to get help with this situation in addition to a divource. It sucks that no one is contacting her back in a timely manner though.

There is just so many little things I didn't know about the thing between my mom and stepdad- let alone about my stepdad. I asked my mom about my stepdad's name being misspelled, and it turned out that it may refer to a possible other son my stepdad had with another woman. And then my mom has told me that my stepdad would say that he has 13 kids, like what in the world!? I'm glad I'm not biologically related to the dog. I need to get out of this situation myself.

1. I heard back in a timely manner (within 24 hours) from a lab I was interested in joining today! I am a little worried because despite my telling him that I would like to expand my horizons beyond my current research skills, he still recommended that I look into labs that used my skills. My research experience includes computational work and literature review, and I really don't want to continue doing computational work all the time. I really only got into the discipline because I needed research experience to boost my chances of getting admitted into a graduate school, and the lab I was in was new and had no students in it yet. I don't hate computational work (my favorite part of the job is making progress), and I see how good it is, but it does get boring at times. His email had a few typos in it, so I don't think he intends to be rude.

2. I still have access to the internet.

3. I am working on getting an online job from a source I have known for years.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland