Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Things need to get done around here

Moderator: Ryvvi

Things need to get done around here

Postby Watery Star » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:06 pm

I'm so frustrated. I bought a couple pieces of furniture and they've been sitting there for 2 weeks without being put together. I was going to make sure that my s.o. and I put at least one of them together today. We went and voted and when we got home I had to take a nap. When I got up he had to take a nap. e.e I'm glad it was only a nap though because when he got up I decided to give him a little time to himself and then get to working. I go upstairs to bring the set of tools up and start on it myself since he started playing a mmo. I flip the light-switch and the light wouldn't turn on! It had gone out. >.< It's dark, can't put anything together. He has off work tomorrow but I have an appointment and he has errands. I don't care. I told him that he has to replace the light-bulbs in not just that room but the one in the hall that has been out for I don't know how long. (He had replaced it but the bulb went out in a matter of days.)

How are you guys when it comes to getting stuff done around the house?
For those of you that have a s.o., how are they about getting things done?

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:58 am

Re: Things need to get done around here

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:35 pm

If you are using a new light bulb then it sounds like it may be an electrical problem...which is not a good thing. Sometimes in an older place you can blow the breaker by plugging too many things in. Like I can't turn on the toaster oven, kettle and microwave or I blow the fuse and have to reset the breaker. Sometimes the electrical for one breaker applies to different rooms so say if your honey was using a couple electrical devices in one room and you go to switch on a light it can blow the fuse.

I hope you get it figured out. Sometimes you just have to agree to a certain time to set to fix things if you need to do it together. (Or ask for help from a friend).

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:58 am

Postby Watery Star » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm wondering if he found a bulb that was left from previous tenant and it wasn't good. Guess we'll see when he goes to replace it again. It's the hall light which seems odd to me. I can see blowing a fuse in the kitchen, living room or our computer room but none of the upstairs rooms are hooked up to anything besides the occasional phone charger.

We'll get to it it's just I want to make sure that everything is good with our furniture. We took the cabinet out of the box and I inspected it so that should be fine. But I wont be able to fully relax until it's all put together and know it's all right.

I don't have any friends that live nearby. I don't think my brother would come out to help, he doesn't live that close. Part of the reason it's been sitting so long was his friend was visiting and we thought he would be staying over here and could help. But he didn't, it turned out to be purely a business trip.

Postby galled » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:15 pm

You should check the breaker (flip it all the way off and on again). If it's been triggered, then you need to be careful. I know it's probably late, so you can try just swapping bulbs. If I don't have a spare, I will take a bulb from a working light and try that. If it still doesn't work, then you'll need to find out if the socket is getting power or not. You may need help for that.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ciel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:50 pm

ahhh getting things done... i'm not the best. o3o; i'm the type who likes to do it all at once, i let the dishes pile for example. as for my so he's a procrastinator too haha. but if we got furniture i think he would be excited about it and would want to put it together just to see how it turns out. hope you get the furniture put together soon and the light bulb situation fixed. :<

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 7:58 am

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

So, talking with him again he never replaced the bulb *facepalm*
The light just came back on when I flipped the switch to check. Naturally it didn't last long and went back out.

The bulbs didn't get replaced yet. He got home too late and it had already gotten dark. I tried today to get started on the cabinet since the first few steps were something a single person could do. I only had an hour of daylight but I don't think I could do much more anyway. I was having trouble and in the end all I managed to do was screw the light-bulb into the top piece, and even that needs to be tightened. The whole time I was thinking about how awful I'd do on The Amazing Race. lol

So the plan is to wake up early enough so that I can get him to help me put it together before he goes to bed.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:16 pm

ouch, sounds like you have different shifts well, I hope you get it fixed soon! It will be so nice when it is done

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Normally I sleep around the same time he does but I've been getting up early.

Tomorrow shall be the day!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:37 pm

keep us posted!

Postby Watery Star » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 am

Since you asked lol

Tuesday morning we put together the cabinet. He actually went upstairs and started by himself! He got a 30 minute head-start. We had it up and just needed the shelve and doors put on but I wanted to clean the interior glass first. He noticed how tired I was and told him to save the rest for later. Noticed he put in the new light-bulb in the room so I was able to continue whenever. I cleaned the glass Thursday and put the glass shelves in myself and then cleaned those off. Still have to put the doors on but it looks like a 2-person job.

Then I started on the bookshelf. I did half yesterday and finished it today. I'm happy I was able to do it myself. He did have to tighten the screws though and lift it into place.

We got an 8 piece dinning room set; table, chairs and a hutch for a steal off Craig's List. The table is in pieces and the seats of the chairs need to be fastened to the rest of the chairs. His dad was talking about covering the seat cushions and I almost went with it until I realized it was just because two of the chairs were a different color/pattern from the rest. But I think it works out fine cause two of the chairs have arms and the rest don't. Besides the colors match just one is white with a muted red and the other is all a muted red.

Anyway blah blah Some stuff done but more added. 1 week to go!

Postby galled » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:35 am

The cabinet sounds like it's pretty fancy! It's all coming together. Glad you're making big progress!

Yep, it never ends! ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:23 pm

lots of work but it will be so nicew to have it finished and be able to use it, won't it!

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 am

Galled: haha it was pretty inexpensive.

I was so happy when the bookshelf was all put together that I instantly filled it with all my books.
It will be nice once the room is ready.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 pm

what progress has been made in the furniture quest?

Return to Hinterland