Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Pet Stories!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Pet Stories!

Postby Mousy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:44 am

I wanna hear your pet stories! Animals are sososo funny and cute and just make my heart melt! So, that means that I want to hear aaaaall about them! I'll start us off with a few~

this one isn't a funny story or anything, but the how I got my baby kitty Emmy! I love how it happened. :D

I had just moved out of my college dorm into an apartment with my soon to be husband (at that time.. we're married now) and I've always had a cat. It was really strange living without an animal, but kitties scratch things up and it's hard to get a deposit back on an apartment if your cat has ripped up the carpeting. Anyway, we had decided that they ONLY way we could have a cat is if they were declawed. However, we were not willing to declaw an animal because we think it's really mean. We were only willing to give a declawed animal a good home. We weren't actively looking for one. One day, one of my sorority sisters called me (it was common knowledge that i loved cats) and asked me if I would take her cat, Emmy. Her grandmother had just moved in and was very, very allergic to cats and they could not keep her. I asked my husband and he said yes we could have her. My friend brings her over and it turns out, Emmy is declawed! She was meant for us! We love her so much. She's been with us for a year now and we all have so much fun. XD

Now, I live in a house and we've been living here for about 3 months. about 2 weeks ago, I saw a kitten in the middle of the road almost get flattened by a speeding car. I jumped out of my truck, snatched her up, and took her home. I cleaned her up, got her to the vet, and now she is a precious addition to our family. Claws and all. =P Her and Emmy have started to get along now (at the end of this 2 weeks) and I'm so happy with my furry babies! Her name is Ellie.

Tell me about your pets!

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 7:09 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Pet Stories!

Postby Lime » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 am

Aww, that is way too cute! <3 I saw a cat once that I wanted to take home. It was this pure pure white one (soo beautiful, I've never seen a cat so white before!) and it was just gorgeous. But the thing that made me want it so bad was that it had thumbs! Like, little human hands. Lol. It looked soo weird, but it made me want it so much more.

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats so there was no way I'd be able to take care of it. ;~;

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 9:09 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MystMist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Often when i am out taking walks alone black cats find me.
It is quite odd how they manage to find me so often and just black cats.
But it is quite nice that they keep me company and let me pet them ^^

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 3:09 am

Postby Mousy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 pm

I just love kitties! I'm allergic too, but I didn't start out that way. my love is strong, but my immune system is not. T_T

Myst- You should bring the kitties treats! :D

Postby MystMist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 pm

They don't find me every time and the only kitty treat we have is fish and that wouldn't be good to carry with me if i wasn't sure i would meet them.

Postby charity » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm

cats are hecka rad ;w;

my cat is an outdoor only cat bc reasons (he's semi feral and i guess my dad just doesn't like cats? we got him mainly for pest purposes bc we live out in the country) but he's such a sweetheart like when i get up to the walkway to the house he'll usually walk up with me and he's just such a butt and he jumps up and clings to my window screen and uuuugh i love this cat and i'm going to be so sad when we move because i don't think anyone else is willing to take him with us.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 9:09 pm

Postby MystMist » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 pm

So what are you gonna do with the cat when you move>?

Postby Vinnie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Several years ago, my old cat used to go off exploring quite a bit...

One day, my family and I are sitting in the backyard, and we hear this 'thump thump thump' sound... So I go round to the side and see what that sound is... And it's her, my cat! And she is dragging this huge steak that is bigger than she is, and probably stolen off a BBQ somewhere :lol:

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 12:09 pm

male avatar ufufufu

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

For me cats have mostly attacked fish.
Sometimes my dad gets fresh fish from friends
So after he fillet it he hangs the carcass from a tree
Then it's just to go watch when cats and birds attack it

Postby Mousy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Haven't posted here in a while~

but my kitties are now allowed outside since the weather is cooling and it's the perfect temp to leave our backdoor open.
Anyway, my kitties have met their match...
The Dreaded SQUIRREL. They have been getting into arguments with it and i'm pretty sure the squirrel is winning.

Story #2

The kitten, Ellie, loves to go potty with people. One day, she went potty with my husband and literally jumped in the toilet while he was peeing. He yelled for me and he was like flipping out. I panicked and said throw her in the bath!!! and then she got a bath right then and there. XD

Postby MystMist » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:25 am

Poor kitty :(

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:38 am

She was NOT happy, but she learned her lesson. She always checks to see if the seat or lid is down now before trying to jump on the toilet. She likes to help me get ready in the mornings. She sits on the seat and monitors. :mrgreen:

Postby MystMist » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:32 am

The secrets of cats and the mysteries of the universe

Postby Maro » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:23 pm

The only one I can get off the top of my head other than about my kitten or my old dog [he vvas 14 years old this year] is my rat...
Mika aka MJ
He loves to cuddle and sit on my shoulder like a parrot and this one time I had him out on the bed and he got up on my shoulder and then cuddled up on my chest and Pasha vvas jealous and tried to climb up on top of me so he cravvled up onto my head and stayed there until Brent [boyfriend] got him off of me, it's kind of funny. Pasha constantly gets jealous of pets and people being close to me.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:28 pm

That sounds so cute!!! Animals are hilarious. Especially jealous ones. My cats get jealous of phones and laptops and anything that steals your attention from them.
So your rat just sat on your shoulder all the time?
I must know moar Mika stories!

Next

Return to Hinterland