Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Pet Stories!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Pet Stories!

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:13 am

I love the chirrup sound! kittens are just so cute. :cheer:

Another kitten story for you guys~
It's finally getting cooler outside, so we're letting the babies go out in the back yard more and we keep the doors and windows open. Ellie hasn't seen many varieties of bugs in her short life and that makes her extremely interested in EVERYTHING. One day, she was chasing after a cicada/locust/thing and she caught it in her mouth! Well, like all cicada, it started doing that horrible screaming sound. She ran inside with her ears straight back and she was freaking out! She ran to me like Mom MOM WHAT DO I DO? and I ushered her back outside. My husband got it out of her mouth and she went back inside and laid down for awhile. She has not touched one since. I wish I had video of it because it was hilarious.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 am

Dad let's Big Guy in
The turd hops up to food dish
Rufus is right behind him
Purr purr purr rub rub Hi buddy
Meanwhile the turd is wth you crazy kitten

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Mousy: If you had a video you could have a chance at winning America's funniest video!

Not a cute story, but something to be aware of: We had the smartest hamster and one day, soon after we got the new cage for her, I guess I had not locked the door properly and I had gone to check on her and she was gone! So the first thought was." oh no I have mouse traps set all over the house!" so I was freaking out trying to look for her and snap the traps so she wouldn't get trapped in them. (I still shudder at the thought) and finally found her three rooms over under the washing machine. Note to self: never set mouse traps when you have a pet rodent.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Took the kits out today
On harnesses and leashes
They didn't know what to do with permission to be out in big huge world
They don't know what to do with grass
So many more tempting areas still forbidden (under the truck, under the porch. Into the high weeds too, but they didn't try to enter them)
So many different smells
Turd fell off the sidewalk and onto the driveway, the derp

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Kit: were they eating the grass?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 am

No, don't flip out over that like cloudy almost did
I've raised kittens before
I know they shouldn't eat grass
They didn't keven try
Too new of a thing for them

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:35 pm

I thought if they eat grass it means they have worms :tongue:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 am

I've never heard that theory before

Postby Fiel-kun » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 am

I have a really playful male kitten and one grumpy old male cat lol

They're my babies!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him | Scorpio | Philippines +8 GMT |
:L_Wing: Play & Interact with my pets :R_Wing:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 am

my cat chitters all the time at lights and my little anoles in their cage eheh...

the kitten tends to just meow his head off and scurry around when it comes to treat time

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:25 pm

I've never heard about the grass and worms, but I do know that they eat it to throw up. If they don't feel well, they'll go eat some grass, throw up, and feel better.

My cats have favorite tv shows. They will only watch the 4th quarter of football, they like project runway, how it's made, one cat really likes Jimmy Fallon, etc. But some shows they just have no interest in. It cracks me up what they decide to watch.

I also have one cat that tells us when it's bedtime. She doesn't sleep with us. She just wants us out of her play space and we are messing up her routine if we stay up too late. If we're in the living room past 10pm, she comes in and gripes at us. Once we leave and shut the bedroom door, you'll hear the cats running all over the house. XD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I have seen some really cute pet videos on Facebook recently and it is making me want a kitten again. My husband agrees that he wants a kitten.

I have had several pets. Many hamsters growing up, some cats, and one dog. I loved them all.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Previous

Return to Hinterland