Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

This makes me SO angry!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

This makes me SO angry!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Sometimes there are articles of injustices in the news that make me so angry -

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colby-glen- ... -morphine/

SPANISH FORK, Utah -- Police said a mother and father were arrested after they gave their newborn daughter drugs on the day she was born, CBS affiliate KUTV in Salt Lake City reports.
[+] SPOILER
Colby Glen Wilde, 29, and 26-year-old Lacey Dawn Christenson face drug distribution and child endangerment charges, authorities said.

"They administered the drug hours after baby was born," said Sgt. Spencer Cannon, a Utah County Sheriff's spokesperson.

Authorities said investigators learned Christenson had been taking heroin and prescription pain medication during pregnancy because her child was born addicted to drugs. They said parents of drug addicted babies typically crush up Suboxone or methadone and apply it to the gums of an infant to mask signs of addiction.

Wilde admitted that he applied crushed Suboxone pills to the infant's gums after the child's birth on April 9th while nurses and medical staffers were out of the room, police said.

"It makes me sick to my stomach, for a number of reasons. You've got an infant who cannot do anything for herself, and the people who should be providing her nurture, and love, and care, are the ones who are harming their child," Cannon said.

Authorities said their first encounter with Wilde happened on June 26 when they responded to reports of a theft at a Walmart in Spanish Fork. Employees said Wilde, with his 2-month-old daughter in hand, took items from the shelf and tried to return the items for a cash refund.
Wilde was given the refund and when he was approached by loss prevention employees, he took off running. He then slammed into the exit doors as they closed, dropping his daughter, who was in a car seat at the time, police said.

After dropping the car seat and his daughter a second time, he gave a stranger the child and fled the scene in his vehicle, police said.

A sheriff's deputy in the area spotted Wilde and stopped him in the parking lot, where he was arrested. He was booked in the Utah County Jail on suspicion of a DUI, possession of heroin and methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and driving without car insurance.

Police also listed theft and child abuse as possible charges.

Christenson, Wilde's common-law wife, was in the store during the incident. She had her other three children, boys ages 2, 4, and 8, with her. She was arrested and booked into the county jail for an outstanding warrant.

Spanish Fork police contacted the Utah Division of Child and Family Services and officials took custody of the children. The infant girl was checked into a local hospital.

Authorities contacted the eldest boy's father who took custody of the child. He said he didn't want to separate the children from each other so he requested, and was approved, to take in the other three children.

The Mother has 4 children with different Father's - why did she not get her tubes tied!? If you are going to do drugs then you should forfeit having children. Her latest baby was born addicted, it doesn't say whether the other children were...she has warrants out for her so she is obviously not a good role model. The whole scenario is so very tragic for the kids.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am

Re: This makes me SO angry!!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:51 pm

I have a feeling she didn't really want at least that last one. Because anyone who really wanted a child wouldn't be high on drugs, especially when pregnant.

But that's still terrible nonetheless and also makes me angry.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 pm

which is my point - why not do something to avoid the chance of getting pregnant...but what life must be like for those other kids at home breaks my heart

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 pm

too high to think about using protection prolly.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:57 pm

(which is why she should have had something permanent done loooong time ago, but you know if we made it part of their criminal sentence there would be a real uproar - however if they can't care for one child should they be allowed to keep having children?)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm

because the government doesn't want to spend money on them.

those women doesn't have the money to undergo that kind of surgery, and when they do, they spend it on more drugs.

druggies kill off all their brain cells to satisfy their addiction. They're all, frankly, too dumb to think about things like that. That's why I say they're drugged out of their mind. They don't make good decisions and never will until they see that drugs are bad, at which time it would be too late.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Breeders just want more crotch spawn shit out every day regardless of condition or reasons not to

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:58 pm

the health insurance in some states does pay for it

Postby Bassy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Why would parents do this? Being born addicted is really scary because they have symptoms you don't wanna see from wthdrawal.
(Youtube video)
Video of what a baby addicted to heroin looks like

Not just that shaking in the beginning, the wail, clench their muscles, and gasp for air. It's terrifying.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:20 pm

To me, they're not parents.
They're just the person to give birth to them. They don't care for the child. They care about their own self and drugs. The child was merely a mistake. [The child] Doesn't mean anything to them.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm

agreed, but why not adopt the child out then or just make sure you can't get pregnant? Seriously, what you put into your body when you are pregnant goes directly to the child. Now you have crippled your child before they even take their first breath.

There should be more explicit teaching on the necessity of proper care in pregnancies and good parenting when teens are in high school and that not doing so is a felony against your baby - instead of schools saying here's some free birth control, here's some positions to try out and do whatever you like and if you happen to get pregnant then don't worry because you can always have an abortion.

Personal responsibility, accountability. You screw up your life it's a loss you screw up other people's lives, that's a tragedy. Parenting is difficult enough when you are trying to do the right things.

But if we see neglect or endangerment of children going on, most of us don't know how to respond or who to contact...do we call 911? Unless someone is totally drugged out I don't know if I would recognize it - I think I have had too sheltered a life.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm

As I have said before, they're so drugged out of their mind.
If they made good choices, they wouldn't be addicted to drugs.
They lack common sense.

I had neighbors that got evicted out of their home and lost their children because they spent all their money on drugs instead of being a responsible adult who pays their bills. They didn't watch the children, they would come into our yard and mess with our things. The mother OD'ed a couple of times and the grandma had fell asleep one day when she was to watch the kids, especially to get off the bus.

Usually it's just best to call 911. They'll take care of it from there. But if it's obvious that the children are being neglected, just call 911.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

I always thought that if your baby was born addicted that the hospital wouldn't let the baby go home with you, I thought there were protective measures in place for babies.
With drugs being used so prevelantly by all ages of people maybe that is where the government should focus health resources - to get people off the drugs. And if you don't get off them then you should lose all your parental rights and any disability or welfare etc. you receive. I think there needs to be more accountability.

And I do realize some people like doing drugs and have no desire to get off them. The same is for alcoholics. I know people who's families have spent 10's of thousands - $50,000 or more on rehab after rehab for family members. Money that could have been put to better usage to enhance the lives of everyone in the family (towards a new house or car, education etc ).

Return to Hinterland