Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Suffering from Allergies?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Suffering from Allergies?

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm

I suffer from allergies year-round. I'm pretty much allergic to everything outside.
Usually around this time of year, I'm dying.
BUT
2 weeks ago, I started eating a spoonful of locally farmed bee honey and I have only had to take an allergy pill once! and that was because I took a several mile long bike ride through our bike bath full of trees when they were starting to bloom. Even then, my allergies were way less severe than usual!

I started looking for an alternative to allergy pills because I was taking one or two a day and sometimes additional medicines just to be able to function like a human. I knew that pumping myself full of those medicines wasn't good for me in the long run, but what else could I do when I could barely hold my eyes open or breathe because of the allergies?

I'm so excited that Bee Honey has worked for me! It's expensive to get the real deal, but so worth it.

What are your allergy tricks and remedies?

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Suffering from Allergies?

Postby Flaria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

I rarely get allergies but my ten minutes older twin sister does. She normally have that nasal medicine called, Floanse(I think, that's how it's spelled?) and I have heard that honey seems to work the best, the raw honey one.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

That's so interesting how that works! You were the lucky one. :wink: I had to take flonase and I hated it. I would sneeze for about 30 minutes straight afterwards and it was miserable!

Postby Flaria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:56 pm

@"Mousy" : I can feel your pain about sneezing but for 30 minutes? Man, that would kill me. Lol. All the animals in the house would have looked at me like, "Are you okay?!" How much does it cost for small jar of unfiltered honey?

Postby galled » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 pm

I have allergies to grass and mold. (Runny nose and itchy eyes.) :(

I take allegra or claritin (the generics) almost every day. I've found that I develop a resistance to one and have to switch to the other every so often (once or twice a year). It'd be wonderful if honey would work, but I'm not sure if I can do honey because that's essentially pure sugar.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 pm

I've been fighting the honey train for years because I just couldn't see how it would possibly work, but I'm a believer now! It's gotta be locally farmed so that it's local pollen. It's gotta be the real thing, no bear honey bottles. It has to do with ingesting it to build up your tolerance to it.
I'm not even going to pretend to know how it works, but I am a believer! :cool:

Postby Flaria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Yes, go to the local market where they sell the real honey, I mean, real honey. I know, it would work for me for anything.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Find a local Honey bee club or go to a local faire and you can generally hook up with someone who can sell their honey. Most store bought honey is pasteurized so you lose some of the benefits.

wow, Flaria is a twin! So nice!Are you identical twins?

Postby Gingerale » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 pm

I hate when I break out with hives and I have no idea what I did/ate differently!

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Return to Hinterland