Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Notes to those who seek it (note to selves)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Notes to those who seek it (note to selves)

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:19 am

Hello, so.
I tend to write PSA-esque texts when I learn a life lesson or when something huge happened to me.

I don't know where else to post my writings so I created this thread.
If you wanna share things you've written too, you can post them here to help make it stick in your head.

Local time: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 am

Arknights tag: Sherman#8791

Since I post in forums basically once per thread, I'll use my sig as my status. Because bumping is not encouraged... Which is what I do...

I have a thread collecting my status shared on this site.

Re: Notes to those who seek it (note to selves)

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:21 am

Wake-up. Calls.
They may come in the next hour. They may come in two years.
But what's clear is that they are supposed to come multiple times in your lives.
Sometimes you mess up, but you never learn from it. And you may not learn from it the next three times you make the same mistake over, and over, and over again.

You fought with yourself in your mind. You befriend yourself in your head. And it goes back and forth.
This is constant. This is normal. And this is just how we work.
Make mistake. Shame. But the shame is invisible. You take this shame with you to the next person who has no idea what happened to you, who doesn't know this mistake you continue to not learn from, and you assume that they know and you assume that they make fun of you, in your sleep.

Then you get, a wake-up call.
Once the hard road passes, whether you succeeded or not, you see that hey,
I need to moisturize my skin more.
I need to practice self-love a little bit more.
Maybe I need to find more friends so that social activity becomes fun, you think.
And maybe, just maybe.
Maybe I should open my ears for just a minute, you think
so that you can properly learn, from all of your mistakes, sooner and proud,
and you will still, be 1% better than who you were yesterday. Knowing is a decent step, too.
Go easy on your perfect world, the world likes to be chaotic and bizarre anyway.

Imitate the oddness Nature wields once in a while. You will have fun doing this.

Local time: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 am

Postby Uchuuko » Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am

Many things aren't as simple as one initially thinks. Especially when it comes to class assignments and legal issues.

Local time: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Postby galled » Thu May 28, 2020 10:21 am

One of the best things to remember is you can't learn if you're afraid of making mistakes.

If you do make a mistake a lesson can be learned from Toyota's (the car manufacturer) correction process (they produce the highest quality/most reliable cars--a big reason why they're #1 in sales). Ask yourself the 5 W questions (Who, What, Where, When, and Why) and come up with a plan to fix or avoid the problem from coming up again.

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:47 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz