Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

"Reader, I married him"

Moderator: Ryvvi

"Reader, I married him"

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Yesterday, after a very long engagement, I finally got married. :heart:

The day went nothing like we expected thanks to local restrictions cancelling our wedding reception the week before. Regardless, we were determined to make the day special.

The morning preparation went quickly. I met my bridesmaids at the hair salon. It was fun even though we had to wear face masks. My friends looked so beautiful. :heart:

The only damper on the day was that it poured with rain when we got to the church. We managed to get photos outside after the ceremony as the rain held off.

It was odd that we didn't go anywhere with the guests afterwards. But everyone enjoyed the service and had fun with the photos. But there is a Part 2 coming up... Next year assuming the world is less bonkers then.

I'll upload photos soon.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Re: "Reader, I married him"

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! So excited for you! :cheer:

Glad you were actually able to get in to do your hair together, here you only recently were able to get inside but can still only do one person at a time.

Definitely a day you should remember! And photo's outside after a rain can turn out so beautiful. Were you able to go eat anywhere with family at least?
(Or did you just start the honeymoon early?) :wink:
Did you have a little cake made for just the two of you to celebrate? Was the ceremony long? Were you able to have anyone sing? Did you have someone walk you down the aisle or did you walk on your own? I'm looking forward to hearing details! :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 am

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:21 am

wow! Congratulations :heart: :heart:
best wishes :cheer: :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 am

Postby galled » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:07 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer:

Wish you both all of the love, joy and happiness in the world!

So how does it feel now? It's so great to have some good new when everything else is so depressing.

I actually prefer photos when there's cloud cover. Full sun creates really harsh shadows. :cool:

Can't wait to see pictures!

:heart: :hug:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:58 am

HOLY-

OMG CONGRATZ!!!!! AHHHHHH THIS IS SUCHA HAPPY NEWS

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Thanks everyone. :)

Lemon Cheesecake Originally, we were meant to get it done at my house but the restrictions means no one outside our household is allowed in our home.

From the photos friends and family have taken, they've come out really well. They're so bright. No, it's illegal to mix with other households. :( They could come for the ceremony but no reception or going to a pub or restaurant with them. After the photos me and my husband went to the hotel and had afternoon tea. So much cake and sweets!

I walked down the aisle with my husband. My bridesmaids walked down first. Singing is currently banned but we played music. We walked down to the First Movement of Vivaldi's Autumn. During the signing of the register we had the Prelude from the Over the Garden Wall soundtrack and Married Life from Up. As we walked out we had the Third Movement of Autumn playing.

galled We feel the same as before lol. Probably because we've been living together for years now. It's nice though. :) The photos look good. I'll upload some of them. Still really tired.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:30 pm

wow! Still sounds like a lovely day and the afternoon tea at the hotel sounds romantic.

I never thought I'd hear that singing is banned. Or that it was illegal to mix with other households...and we complain about our restrictions here!

Sounds like lovely and well thought out music choices and a very beautiful and memorable day!
Are you still going to take days off work as part of your Honeymoon? (To rest up).

Postby galled » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm

It's all so charming and romantic! :) <3

I've heard people say although they lived together before, it feels different being married. Not drastically, but different (better!). Perhaps it's too new (and you're tired) and it may sink in after you've had time to catch your breath. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Lemon Cheesecake At one point they didn't want churches playing the pipe organ because it could potentially spread the virus!

The rules are dumb. As a household, we can go have a meal out. Sat in an enclosed space with strangers. But if we arranged to meet anyone we know - it's illegal! We're allowed to meet other households outside but given it rains a lot this time of year, meeting up with friends is pretty difficult right now.

We have all next week off. We're planning on going to a ruined castle on the coast and going for long walks. I have a lot of personal admin to get on with. Changing my name every where. :scream:

galled it's still odd that he's my husband haha. Hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Postby Polaris » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Congratulations!!!

Glad to know that you were able to make the best out of your special day, even if the situation was odd and things weren't going the way they were meant to. Blessings and happy wishes to the lovely couple!!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:53 pm

Oh! All that history in the ruined castle! <sigh> So your husband likes old stuff too then or he is just doing it for you?

Bring your golashes with you on the long walks! This time of the year is so beautiful to enjoy and hopefully will be invigorating for you. Enjoy!

<That was the first hearing about the organ> I just shake my head sometimes.

Postby MissAutumn » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 am

Polaris Thank you. :grin:

He likes going to old places but he gets bored when I get really history nerdy lol. To be fair, I get bored when he goes into great detail about how computers and cars work haha.

It's been really wet so definitely need the waterproofs. The weather should be better from Wednesday.

None of the restrictions make any sense. I might make a separate rant threat lol.

Postby Gingerale » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Despite it all, it sounds like a very romantic and special time for you! So happy that you could celebrate with even a few family & friends.

May happiness fill your days!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 am

Postby PsychoPotato » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Aaaa what a great news! :D Congratulations!!! :D <3

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks, guys. <3

Next

Return to Hinterland