Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

How organized are you?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: How organized are you?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:02 am

I love the look of clean, clear counters etc however, If I could only work with non clutter I'd get nothing done.That said, I just get worse at making a mess the older and more busier I get.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 pm

Postby Bassy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 am

Oh you should see my dorm room. It's been a mess for a month. I can't get it clean with working constantly. D:
I want to be organized and clean

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Mousy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:55 am

I've been seriously considering cutting down my clothing to a "capsule wardrobe." It's where you have like the basics- black pants, black skirt, jeans, etc. and then a few key pieces, but just about everything matches. you could go in and grab literally anything and it will look good together. Most of the blogs I see about it say that you end up with 30ish pieces TOTAL.

It looks so pretty in my brain and on the internet, but then I go into my closet and whine because I love it all. and none of it matches. How could I pick just one set? T_T

That's also a big part of my problem in the mornings- I have all these things that are so pretty, that don't match anything else or maybe just match ONE shirt or something. ugh.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:36 pm

My room has gotten messier but also cleaner since ei last posted
Messier: more stuff on the floor, desk has crap all over it
Cleaner: home in ceilig patched, cobwebs removed

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:54 pm

In the past couple months, my desk has gotten a lot messier. I need to go though it and re-organize it.

With reading Mousey's post about capsule wardrobe, I am curious as to how much clothing I have.

Edit: Have 8 pants, 3 shorts, 1 pj pants, 6 dresses, 12 shirts, 3 work shirts, 1 work pants. That is 34 pieces (not gonna include any undergarments in the count). I do need to get some new pieces because a lot are really worn out from having them for years.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Woah.. that is a lot of shirts. Funny how we both have more shirts than pants. xD Do you own any skirts?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Yeah, those are both long sleeves and short sleeves counted together. 3 long sleeves, 2 no sleeves, and 7 are tee or nicer shirts.
I have one skirt from Hot Topic, but cannot fit it anymore. Now it is just for my husband.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am

Postby Mousy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:58 pm

you do NOT want me to put my count up. It is obscene. My closet is overflowing and that's just what fits me right now at 7mos pregnant. Everything else is in a box or hanging in a different closet. I have just a stack of t-shirts from college that is over 2 feet high. I don't hang up t-shirts or plain colored shirts because I just don't have room for them to hang. T_T

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:38 am

my skirt count alone is obscene! i always buy so many skirts and so little of everything else T_T off the top of my head i think ive currently got like... minimum 20 skirts :cheer: and only about 5 or so shirts to wear with them >.<;

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:19 am

Hearing about each other's closets is actually really interesting. ouo For me, all I really have is around 7 tops and bottoms to last me the week, my school uniform and 5 jackets because it's cold.

Also my mom is against me wearing skirts because they expose too much skin apparently, but I'm alright with wearing them.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Postby galled » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:13 pm

I have wondered if skirts and skin ratio issues are a matter of optical illusion or even psychological. Most people are OK with women wearing shorts (and I'm not talking about the crazy show your butt cheeks shorts), but ones that are above the knee to mid thigh. Yet when you can literally wear shorts that are of a typically acceptable length under a skirt and not see them, the skirt somehow becomes "too short" or expose too much skin--even if you are wearing the shorts under them (which is actually what a lot of people do)! Funny...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby CheerfullyMorbid » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:43 pm

I am a organized mess.
At home at least. At work, I'm a ocd neat freak.
There's a method to the madness...I think...

I mean, I grew up in a pretty cluttered home. My parents are slight hoarders.
An as I grow older, it gets to me more an more.
Now, to a organized person my room is a huuuuge mess. I have tried many times over the years to clean it. But there has never really been any storage space in my room. I've made many a trips to goodwill and the dump. But there's still that amount of stuff that I can't get rid of, with no place to go. Thus the floor becomes storage. Fun part of this is. I actually know where everything in my room is. Even if it looks thrown everywhere. If it gets "put away" somewhere...I can't find shit. Although, it's a little messier than normal right now cause I've been sick most of Jan. >>
My bathroom is a lot more organized. I've spent the past three years redoing it. Almost complete. So it looks rather organized now. Still figuring out where things should go.

But yea, at work I'm a complete neat freak. I work in a garden nursery. So on all my tables my plants are in specific places an organized. Either by color, height, type, tolerance, care. Or somewhere in between. I have idea displays all over the place that have to be a certain way to my liking. And I change them seasonally. The tool storage, checkout, an computer areas all have to be organized. Or I start throwing stuff away.

So yea...when someone asks me if I'm a organized person...I guess it just depends. :tongue:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:20 pm

I threw some things away today! ...at work, got to do that at home now...

Previous

Return to Hinterland