Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

How organized are you?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: How organized are you?

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Ah, that is really nice that you donate so much! I have given to Goodwill often before we moved. And we have moved a lot. I am getting really tired of moving and would love to actually own a house rather than renting. Maybe one day though....
For now I will organize this small space with ideas I saw on Pinterest and utilize everything to its full potential! ^_^ Right now I am using some boxes to store clothes until I get a dresser or drawer bin thing from Walmart to use as a dresser. Furniture is really expensive. I can organize my clothes (and everything else) quite nicely with hangers and this

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 5:56 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:49 pm

I have some of those ( well actually, a lot) they are great for craft stuff, and paper work and fit in the closet, out of sight, very nicely. Under the bed is good storage area too.

Goodwill or some local thrift stores have dressers and furniture.Or craig's list has furniture people give away, they just want you to haul it.

I'm sorry you have to move a lot, it can be very unsettling, sounds like a military life. Military life was difficult for my friend growing up, especially living in other countries.
I hope you can one day save up enough money for a down payment.Owning a home can have it's problems too though...renovations, upkeep, insurance, property taxes...over here they have low income housing which are brand new and often done by a lottery but make it a great opportunity for first time buyers. Maybe see if they have something like that where you are.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 2:56 am

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Yep! I love them. The one pictured above is only $25 at Walmart. I have a 3 drawer one in my closet right now. Thinking about getting another $5 18 gallon tote for storing more stuff also because the four that I have do not seem to be enough. I got creative and turned one of the gallon totes into a toybox for the girls. I can make just about anything work! ^_^
Yeah, I looked around and everywhere seems to want at least $100 for them. I don't really trust Craigslist too much.
Nope, not military, just bad sh*t happening in real life: job loss, etc. Just different things making us not be able to pay rent at one place or another. Then we move out before we get evicted. One time putting stuff in storage and loosing all but what I could squeeze into the car. -sigh-
Yeah, we have never been able to save any money because of having to put it all towards bills, gas, and such. Living is expensive. >_<
We'll get something eventually. I don't know how long it will take. But things can only be so bad for so long right? 2012 was when it all started going bad. We are still trying to get back on our feet after all that happened. Not going to go into all the details though.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 pm

sounds like you are working towards reversing the problems, which is a positive step forward. I am sorry you have had to struggle so much, it makes it even worse with trying to take care of your kids and keeping them safe and not getting overly frustrated. I will send good thoughts and prayers your way. Hopefully the families on both sides can help you out.

I really don't trust craigslist either. Have you tried local churches? One of ours has an angel group that take your wish list and try to find you stuff that is donated. Sometimes people have things that are new and just decided to redo their place. A friend of mine got a brand new barbecue that way and another got some new shelves.We donated a bed and night stands that weren't new but in still usable condition before. You might be able to get something to get you by for now.

I'm hoping for a better year ahead for you!

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:01 pm

I CAN be organized but 18 credit hours with a job that i have one day off a week is a roadblock for organization. I used to be organized before I worked. I miss it, it made a difference to my school performance.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 4:56 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Bassy, I would think you'd have to be even more organized with that schedule!I bet you are more organized then you realize, just a little overwhelmed.

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:09 pm

All my school books ended up on the floor lol. All my notes are not organized. I think I lost some notes. oops. I have like so many exams coming up after I just had midterms. Ugh.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 4:56 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 pm

see if you can get notes off anyone else if notes are posted on line somewhere?

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:42 pm

It's ok. Though I really don't want my girls to have to struggle like this when they get older. I grew up struggling as well, but did not realize that it was as bad as it was until I got out on my own. Hopefully they will have a pleasant and memorable childhood though as I remember mine for the most part.

I have not tried that, but I can look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thank you. I really hope so too!

There are a lot of ideas on Pinterest that I would like to apply in my house to keep everything organized. I love that site, but it can be addicting.

Postby Mousy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:06 pm

My husband and I talked about organization just the other day. We've decided that we just don't have as much storage to be as organized as we'd like. We don't have much more than we had in our 1 bedroom apartment,but that apartment had a closet that could double as a room. Ask ryvvi XD she stayed a night or 2 in it. This 3 bedroom house that we have has tiny closets. So not all of our clothes fit in the master closet, the other closets have odds and ends of things like Christmas decoration, craft things, childhood things, etc. We also get rid of stuff a lot. Especially clothing. Somehow, it all still just won't fit. Stuff just doesn't have a home and it's frustrating. We got rid of all of our dishes except for 2-4 of each thing. Got rid of any doubled in pans and bigger things and there's still no room in the kitchen. I love my house, but it's just not very functional. We've tried buying things to help with storage, but you have to store that stuff somewhere too. *insert frustrated noise here*

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 3:56 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm like a pack rat. Have you tried storage under the bed? Do you have a garage? They have shelves that hang from the ceiling.Get a bunk bed (they do have them in full size) and use the bunk on top or below for storage but still have a bed for company...or yourself. Can you make the 3rd bedroom into a walk in closet/office? Do you have an insulated attic? Do you have any yard space that you could put a home depot small storage shed on?

Postby Mousy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:44 pm

No garage. :( which is a MUST on the next house. I don't even know what we were thinking not getting one.
We do use bedroom 3 as an office, but it's more like a catch-all right now. And it's gonna be something else within the year. ;)
Our attic isn't safe for humans and it only has a plank, most of it doesn't have a floor.

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to move soon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Yes! We will hope for a new house! with lots of storage space :cheer:

Postby Mousy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:49 pm

I deep cleaned my whole kitchen today!! I even washed the walls. :cool:
Every single dish was clean in the house for like... an hour. Until I needed lunch. xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:54 pm

I should do that... ( note : should)

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland