Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

How organized are you?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: How organized are you?

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 am

XD We're hosting Thanksgiving this year. Soooo the house has to look somewhat presentable.
That is the ONLY reason. My mom super judges the kitchen and bathrooms. :cry:

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:51 pm

I like to have bathrooms and the kitchen clean too... especially when it comes to other people's germs... but you know, maybe she will help clean when she comes.
I had a friend who's Mum would come visit and not only clean every nook and cranny in her place, so that it was sparkly clean, but do all the laundry and organize the cupboards AND prepare meals for the freezer and bake the most delicious pies. I loved when she visited because I'd go over and share some meals. I don't think I'd ever be that good a Mom but at least it gives me an example to aspire to.

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 pm

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 am

I need to get some bathroom cleaners so that we can clean our bathroom. I know the toilet needs a good scrub down, as well as the bathtub. We should just replace the shower curtain soon. So many things to do to keep it nice and clean.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Mousy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm

@LC
that is really sweet! Usually, I just feel like my mom is just being judgmental and not nice, but I could also be sensitive about it too. XD

@Dragoness
I just hate scrubbing the tub. It needs it so much, but it's such a chore. I would rather scrub a toilet than a tub.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:02 pm

The Mr.Clean magic sponges (the white ones) work good on the tub. I just hate hard water stain whether its in the tub or the toilet.... so difficult to get it off. Baking soda helps on somethings... if your Mom complains about the house just remind her you work too....

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:11 pm

blame your pregnancy! seems like a foolproof plan

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:14 pm

yes! (slaps self in head) of course! pregnancy is the reason for everything...eating, crying, sleeping, bodily functions, laziness, memory loss...

Postby Mousy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:47 pm

XD it would probably work too! I'm still procrastinating on the bathroom. They'll be here Friday. I've got pleeeeeeennnttttyyy of time.
*begins scrubbing vigorously Friday at noon*

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:49 pm

get the stuff you spray on and it eats the dirt (just don't breathe in the fumes), and rinse it off

Postby Mousy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 pm

I did that to the toilet and then forgot about it. The hubs woke up that morning to pee and freaked out a little wondering what was wrong with him. the toilet did get really clean using that method though. XD

I would definitely need to set an alarm on my phone for the tub. Haha!

Postby Mousy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:45 pm

I DID IT! THE TUB IS CLEAN
I followed your advice LC. XD I sprayed the whole thing down and let it sit and then scrub/sprayed it off..
Just wear a gas mask if you want to go anywhere near the guest bathroom. =P

We found out that we're going to have another guest stay over this weekend. So, the Mice have been booted to the couches in the living room. Our cats will be ecstatic, but That means I have to clean my bedroom tonight because that's where I put all of the clutter from the rest of the house. That's what we get for cutting corners. :cry:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Oh, Oh! I love your Christmas look Mousy!

How come the guests can't stay in the living room? Inflatable mattresses are like $20 at Walmart and have the pump included.

I guess it is one way to get your place cleaned and ready for the baby mousy's appearance...

Postby Mousy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 am

Thank you! We put up the tree last night and really got into the holiday spirit. XD

We talked about an inflatable mattress, but my kitties are well-intentioned monsters that just want love. We're booted to the living room because we're the youngest and hierarchy matters even if it's your own house. Haha! My sister is actually getting a hotel this time, but that's because she's bringing the new boyfriend and that's what she wanted. We're not even going to think about the implications of that. O_O

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:46 pm

oh ya, kitties and inflatable mattresses...oh no. (Plus if they don't puncture it, kitty pee pee is hard to get off of the mattress).

We will put up the tree this week end, time to dig through the closet and pull out the ornaments.

Postby Daemion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm

I do not live by a schedual so to speak but I have to have things in place or I freak out. Not like screaming and burning things that are in order, but I get very knit picky and smoldering upset where I don't want to talk to anyone, until it is clean and if you DO try to make light of the situation, I am just going to ignore you and glare at things.

Like I have to have clean counters and non cluttered work spaces. Think contemporary design with clean lines and dark/light color mixes.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland