Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

ancient mysteries:computer generated images

Moderator: Ryvvi

ancient mysteries:computer generated images

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:07 am

I like to look at the mysteries of our history, what has been found & even ascertain my own theories so if you like to as well then please share your comments or findings!

I found these links on the "Hidden landscapes" around Stonehenge.
Makes sense, with our developing technology, that allows us to see below the ground, we can start to form a more elaborate image of what existed way back when.

[+] SPOILER
https://lbi-archpro.org/cs/stonehenge/
"For the first it will thus be possible to create total digital models of the Stonehenge landscape at a true 'landscape scale' that will not only transcend the immediate surrounds of individual monuments within the study area, but will also tie them together within a seamless map of sub-surface and surface archaeological features and structures."

[+] SPOILER
solving the riddle of Stonehenge's construction
https://www.history.com/news/solving-th ... nstruction

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 pm

Re: Stonehenge & other mysteries: hidden landscapes

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:18 pm

There are so many ancient ruins but what did they look like when they were originally built?

Here is a cool link to computer generated images of what these popular landmarks probably looked like.
https://nitter.net/Culture_Crit/status/ ... 96266732#m

The statue at the entrance to the harbor is impressive! How did they make something so HUGE & get it propped up on those pillars??

Re: ancient mysteries:computer generated images

Postby Gingerale » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:36 pm

I've always been curious as to the pyramids. Who's were the oldest? Did Egyptian pyramids influence MesoAmerican?

The Pyramid of Djoser, also spelled Zoser, is widely believed to be the oldest pyramid in the world. It dates back to around 2630 BCE, while construction on the Great Pyramid of Giza began in 2560 BCE, roughly 70 years later."

Despite the towering reputation of Egypt’s Great Pyramids at Giza, the Americas actually contain more pyramid structures than the rest of the planet combined. Civilizations like the Olmec, Maya, Aztec and Inca all built pyramids to house their deities, as well as to bury their kings.

Mesoamerican peoples built pyramids from around 1000 B.C. up until the time of the Spanish conquest in the early 16th century

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 7:01 pm

Postby galled » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:59 pm

That's a very interesting link/thread, Lemon! #9 Alamut Castle, the Alborz, Iran (c.1090 AD) makes me wonder tho. There doesn't seem to be anything left in the before picture!

I think perhaps a pyramid is a likely structure when you have engineers who don't have materials or structural understanding/experience to make large roofs. I think about when I was a child stacking blocks. You can only go so tall before it falls over. The only solution was to make the base wider than the top, and when you only have square blocks, the simplest shape is a square. A triangle base would require a different shape block.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:14 pm

I saw an article on a burial site found in Scotland that is believed to be 5000 years old!
I didn't even think they had people living there that long ago!
I believe they said there were 14 skeletons found in it.
Just think .... if they believed in cremating the departed back then we'd never know about their life styles.

Teeth are amazing, you can figure out what people ate while they were alive & what diseases they may have been exposed to as well as other influences/factors that they were exposed to.

Return to Hinterland