Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

New Job, Who Dis?

Moderator: Ryvvi

New Job, Who Dis?

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:18 pm

After being stuck in customer service for so long... I'm finally in a different field! I never thought I'd do this, to be honest. I'm gonna be a preschool teacher's assistant! I'm so excited. Not looking forward to getting sick again... But the rest will be a welcome challenge. Have any of you gotten new jobs recently? Or wanna brag about your awesome field?

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 9:19 pm

Re: New Job, Who Dis?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:56 pm

Working with little ones can be exhausting but so rewarding... you are making an impact for life, their lives.

Customer service is also a stressful job so maybe it actually will be more rewarding working with the preschool? Congratulations!

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Postby galled » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:57 pm

Hey that's wonderful!!

I still remember interactions with my pre-school teachers. It's amazing and important how you'll touch the lives and create memories for the little people who will one day become big people and will remember you!

When do you start?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:25 pm

Yeah, they're both taxing in different ways. Although, I think this'll help with my insomnia, haha. I don't have a specific start date since I gotta get through a TB test, background checks, and fingerprinting but I'm hoping I'll have all of this done by next week so I can start Monday or somethin'. Fingers crossed things don't move at a snail's pace!

I'm both super excited and nervous about what kiddos will remember. Hoping I'll be able to help them mostly have a good time and get some foundational skills at self-regulation. I'm so excited to learn and grow with 'em. I don't remember my preschool teachers that well, but I do remember the experiences I had while there! I'm also excited cause I'm in the class that's gonna work on the outdoor veggie and fruit garden!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 pm

Oh, working in the garden is so much fun! Especially when they start to get to see the plants growing & the flowers on the fruit trees becoming fruit they can eat!

Postby Arc » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:43 am

That's amazing!! Congrats on the new job! I bet it's going to be so fun working with all of the little kiddos! :3

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 12:19 am

Postby galled » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 am

It's going to be awesome!

(It's the crazy parent/s you need to watch out for... )

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:29 am

galled wrote:(It's the crazy parent/s you need to watch out for... )

Loool, so true. xDD

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 12:19 am

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:32 pm

Alrighty, I just wrapped up true day 1. Ohmylord no one told me Id be talking nonstop. I have never talked this much in my life and I don't know how to shut up! Like started talking immediately after a tonsillectomy type of can't shut up. But my gods, you talk. All. The. Time. As a preschool teacher.

I haven't been there long enough yet for the crazy to come out in the parents, lol. But I have been warned we've got a couple. It's been a total blast! The kids really are swell, and they mostly like each other so it's easy.

I'm not sure how we are gonna be able to follow lesson plans, tho, haha.

Return to Hinterland