Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

So, I'm in America right now

Moderator: Ryvvi

So, I'm in America right now

Postby Bacokatt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJoQOQHQ8oA

I can confirm this is what it's like. I've just eaten the last bird known in my area at this time in a pagan ritualistic sacrifice known as "Thanksgiving", Old English that roughly translates to "Hail Satan My Dark Lord And Master." My tent is small and tattered, but it and I have spent our whole lives together, so, all considered I'm proud of my tent. The snow is abundant and is a plentiful food source. Locally pseudo American governments serve hot snow. It is delicious. However, I am grossly more so grateful to Kim Jong Un and his Democratic People's Republic of Korea for the blankets, North Korean coffee, and cakes. I find them much more filling and better complimenting my occasional bird than the American style hot local snow.

Just for those of you who have never come to experience the blight.
And to Americans, I only wish there was more we could do to help you.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 am

Metal is World
=O w O=

Re: So, I'm in America right now

Postby Lime » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm in America too!

I'm Canadian, so not as much of a culture shock mind you, but it's still incredibly weird. One thing about Americans though is their favourite hobby is making fun of Canadians and going on and on about how they think their country is better every time I visit. It's funny at first, and I have good humour, but it gets annoying after a while.

Also, I will never understand marshmallows on sweet potatoes. Ever.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:42 pm

vvait that's actually a THING?! I thought it vvas just some gross myth to mess vvith us!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Marshmallows on sweet potatoes is so good!! I'll never understand your whole gravy on French fries thing!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

it's gravy, fries and cheese curds

for the basics

there's a lot of places vvhere you can 'customize' your poutine to have other things in it like pulled pork and sausage and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Yeah... Poutine sounds so gross! I hate gravy!

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 pm

honestly i hate gravy

vvith a burning passion

but i love poutine

Postby Sanchicho » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:44 pm

Poutine sounds so good. I wish I could get it here. I want to try it.

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:49 pm

it's really tasty especially vvith a lot of cheese

Postby Sanchicho » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:55 pm

If I ever go to Canada I'll definitely have you get some.

Postby Bacokatt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Lime wrote:I'm in America too!

I'm Canadian, so not as much of a culture shock mind you, but it's still incredibly weird. One thing about Americans though is their favourite hobby is making fun of Canadians and going on and on about how they think their country is better every time I visit. It's funny at first, and I have good humour, but it gets annoying after a while.

Also, I will never understand marshmallows on sweet potatoes. Ever.

I get really tired of everyone thinking I'm from Germany when I'm speaking Russian with my friends/ family.
I have a hammer and sickle tattooed on one of my arms, and when I'm in America, sometime people see it, which, would be funny to me except I'm asked about 40% of the time what it is in the first place and it's been suggested by Americans that they think it is a Masonic Symbol or that it was used by the Nazis.

And then I explain what the hammer and the sickle are, what they signify, industrial and agricultural labor, communism, etc. Then they either listen to what it is and are like that's neat and then make fun of me for being a communist when I share things with them or ask for something. Or they start talking about gun rights and how doctors/ fast food workers shouldn't be payed the same, and about North Korea. Which are all irrelevant.

No one in America talks to me about Sweden, which is my home and half of my ethnicity. I guess Sweden is one of those places they cant identify on a map, if there is such a thing as map reading in this country, and they've never invaded it, so, they just don't know? Sweden is associated with Meatballs and that's it really.

I do get tired of Russian jokes. Some things are endearing and funny to me, like how my nickname is Pinko Commie Faggot, and no one says or can say my name(SE or RU). Everyone also thinks I'm sketchy because all Russians are murdering, robbing, alcoholic car thieves. [/bitchaboutAmerica]

America is otherwise pretty cool. Cheap fuel. Cool cars. I like Chevrolet.
I like that Americans are ballsy and do whatever.

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm fine staying in Canada I don't think I could ever stay in America for more than a vveek... novv Svveden or Russia I'd probably attempt to stay a month or more because I like the cultures there. America just takes everyone elses and claims it's theirs >x<

Postby Bacokatt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Maro wrote:I'm fine staying in Canada I don't think I could ever stay in America for more than a vveek... novv Svveden or Russia I'd probably attempt to stay a month or more because I like the cultures there. America just takes everyone elses and claims it's theirs >x<

Yea. Couldn't live in America. Could stay extended in Canada.
Longterm I'm moving to Norway. Norway is good.

Postby Maro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:09 pm

I've alvvays vvanted to visit the Nordic Countries ... a good portion of my heritage is over in Europe, rest is here in Canada [Mi'kmaq tribe~]

Postby Bacokatt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Maro wrote:I've alvvays vvanted to visit the Nordic Countries ... a good portion of my heritage is over in Europe, rest is here in Canada [Mi'kmaq tribe~]

Once in America, I was doing this community service thing on a native reservation and this native guy was talking mad shit to me for taking his land and blah blah and I had to laugh at him and say I'm not even The right kind of white guy I'm just normal Eurotrash visitor, so, he gave me a cigarette and appologized. I saw home a while later and he had a liquor on his back pocket, like a big bottle and he and his friends drank with me. Neat day.

Next

Return to Hinterland