Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Fish, I have fish

Moderator: Ryvvi

Fish, I have fish

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:03 am

I love my fish~ <3 Anyone else have fish and find themselves strangely hypnotized by them?

I have 2 gups (planning on grabbing one definitely female guppy within the next month as the two I have are large juvenile fry that haven't gotten their colors just yet and don't have any characteristics that mark them as male or female, so it could be a toss up of either way.) and 4 Ghost shrimp along with some Marimo Balls. I can't wait to see what coloration the two guppies have.

Right now what color they do have is a goldish-brown coloration on their heads, sides and back with translucent tails and fins.

One I call Finn who is the smaller one, and the other one I call Jake because the dark spot of it's eyes is bigger than Finn's. The Ghost Shrimp are named according to size as followed:

1.) Thing 1 (has yellowish eyes and is my most active)
2) Thing 2 (Has black eyes and is a little smaller)
3.) Weirdo (It just is my little weirdo... trust me)
4) Waldo (So tiny that you can play a game of Where's Waldo with him.

....I think that's about it. Anyone else have some nice set-ups?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:09 pm

Re: Fish, I have fish

Postby Maro » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:14 am

VVe have a bunch of fish over here, 4 goldfish 2 algae eaters , 2 loaches and bf bought three yesterday i can't remember vvhat they are called though, and vve have snails o3o

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Oooh~ That sounds like a colorful setup! I think I'm going through the first bacterial bloom (as I thought I'd cycled it well enough during the fishless cycle, but I guess not). All things are good, fish are still breathing well and Shrimp are still active. As expected the ammonia is up slightly (still in the safe zone and I'm keeping an every 2 day watch on that), Nitrates are in the safe zone. Should go away on its own in the next few days-2 weeks, if not, any suggestions other than water change?

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I want pet fish! But I live with my husband and his parents and they're picky about pets. I used to have them as a kid though! I love Beta fish, they're so pretty! And Angel fish.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 pm

ovo Beta fish are so awesome, I'm planning on a 20 gallon community tank with a couple of female beta fish once I get to a place that I can indeed do that.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Ooh that sounds so pretty!!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:20 pm

I used to breed guppies! They breed so fast ;-;. By the time we had to give them all away we had AT LEAST 500 of them. So... Many... Fish...

Image Image Image

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Zombunny~ >U< But yes, tis why I'm keeping a smaller tank of fish.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:27 pm

I tried to stop them, but they kept goiiiinngggg.

Postby Maro » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Actually the three nevv ones are in a different tank in the little one's room to act as a night light.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:38 pm

nice, nice

Postby Maro » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:00 pm

ye she likes them ^^

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Despite my name I have actually had some fish in my life. *nods head*

I have pictures of me at 2 in diapers staring at a fish bowl but don't know the fish names. As I got older I had tank of sea monkeys for a good two months. Then my dad killed them when he lifted it up by the top which didn't snap down. I was in fifth grade I was saddened by it. A week after that I won a carnival Goldfish and named him Copper. He died one week later.

Then several years ago we got a tank for my dad. We had several fish but they kept dying despite the fact we were doing everything right. I believe our water was just too hard for them despite the filter and chemicals we put in that they recommended. *nods head*

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 am

sometimes its stuff like the tank as well
i used to have a goldfish that we bought one each for every family member
my goldfish outlasted every single fish xD
i could it blackie because it was a black goldfish
so original /facepalm

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:09 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:23 am

.... D: Fish... I had fish.

Well, I still have the fish... though the PH was quite high and killed the shrimp. ;n; Now my fish have fin rot and I'm trying my best to medicate them with a product from Jungle that was recommended to me. Anyone else have ideas on how long this will last?

I have removed the shrimp and have buried them in my backyard. If the fish, god forbid, end up dying too they will be going under mom's rose bushes. I'm not a bad fish parent, am I? ;3;

Next

Return to Hinterland