Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Fish, I have fish

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Fish, I have fish

Postby Bacokatt » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm

marshmallow_bunn wrote:.... D: Fish... I had fish.

Well, I still have the fish... though the PH was quite high and killed the shrimp. ;n; Now my fish have fin rot and I'm trying my best to medicate them with a product from Jungle that was recommended to me. Anyone else have ideas on how long this will last?

I have removed the shrimp and have buried them in my backyard. If the fish, god forbid, end up dying too they will be going under mom's rose bushes. I'm not a bad fish parent, am I? ;3;

Salt, salt is the best remedy for everything and doesn't fuck with your bacteria too much. Teaspoon for every gallon, they really like it.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:38 am

Metal is World
=O w O=

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:03 am

I have a 6 and a half gallon tank I need to set up for a cute little male beta sometime had it over a year but finances are never in the favor so it's just still in the box with the heater inside it.

I know it's bad for the fish, but I love those half moon betas ;; But I don't think they sell those around here so I might end up with a smaller fin type anyway.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:38 am

Postby marshmallow_bunn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:28 am

Oh jeezus. I woke up to one dead Finn... but 8 live pairs of eyes. ;u; I am a fish grandma~ Was treating Finn for Tail rot, so the water is all green.... but when I turned on MY light this morning, I seen two very tiny eyes looking at me... I kinda freaked and turned their light on to find there were about 8 baby fish that probably have been there anywhere between late last night or early this morning so I had no baby net for them to hide in! D: I put my other guppy Jake in the baby net as he/she looked about like the other one in girth. Soooooo... I might have one drop from each.

All the other baby's fins have a fan on the end.... but one has a longer-thinner one that's pointy at the end. I stall call it Poindexter :D

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 am

Postby Hocus Pocus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:15 pm

I can never seem to keep fish alive, I had one fish that lived for nine years and I honestly don't know how he lived that long. He was just fair gold fish but he got big. lol I miss that fish, he almost died three times, but we managed to save him every time.

Postby Bacokatt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Gold fish have high tolerance for temperature, ph, salinity, cleanliness, and are generally HARD to kill.
But, some still go into shock and die anyway, so, don't feel bad if you kill one in 20 minutes either.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:38 am

Postby ciel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:34 pm

i used to have beta fish for years
and whenever i left the fish in the care of my father i always came back to them dead.
he wasn't mistreating them or anything, he's probably better about it than i am,
it was just coincidental timing
he used to say "they just don't want to make you sad~ so they wait until you're gone to die"

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm

Postby Maro » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:34 am

Another one of our fish died, idk vvhen, it vvas in the little one's tank in her room just laying at the bottom. ;-;

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

Art by - ciel

Postby VʌVincenT⊥T » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 pm

I used to breed betta fish. I don't buy them anymore now because I'm afraid I will end up with 50 again :X oh gosh...I had no space for anything! Right now, as far as fish goes, I have a single oscar and a salt water tank.

Previous

Return to Hinterland