Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

How do I get a girlfriend?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: How do I get a girlfriend?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:02 pm

oh my, they are having fun with you...but like I said "girl's just want to have fun..." don't be in such a hurry, you are still in college, relationships can get you distracted, find girls you can do fun stuff with - like bowling, shows, hikes, etc

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:51 am

Postby Mousy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Yarhar wrote:
Mousy wrote:Step 3: Begin telling said girl about your love of MLP and your massive collection of ponies.
Remember- You're still a pirate. Don't break character.
(I want to see all of these in real time, in order. This would be amazing.)

Oh god pls no mlp. I may be in over my head on this one D:

okay, the mlp part is flexible. We can do *insert fandom here.* Just make sure you're passionate!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:51 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby (-o-) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:51 am

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Yarhar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Mousy wrote:
Yarhar wrote:
Mousy wrote:Step 3: Begin telling said girl about your love of MLP and your massive collection of ponies.
Remember- You're still a pirate. Don't break character.
(I want to see all of these in real time, in order. This would be amazing.)

Oh god pls no mlp. I may be in over my head on this one D:

okay, the mlp part is flexible. We can do *insert fandom here.* Just make sure you're passionate!

I think I need more fandom lol

Nothing to see here...
[+] SPOILER

Postby Yarhar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm

(-o-) wrote:
[+] SPOILER

I have no idea where this is going lol

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Hmmm YarHar may I make a suggestion? Why don't you start off simply by saying hello to them. Also this would just be an example here but say Diana for example was the girl you had a crush on. Your both in the same programming class and you were unsure about something your doing is right. Ask her to help you and then get to be her friend. Once your her friend then try to ask her out on a date. That is my suggestion but it may not work for every girl.

Diana I only used you as an example because your the only girl programmer that I know knows him IRL. :P

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:51 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:03 pm

I agree, start off by saying hello...(don't listen to the little mermaid song, talk to the girls first and get to know them, show them you are an approachable guy). Don't forget to smile!

Postby Mousy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Hahahaha that comic made my night!!!

In all seriousness though, my husband and I first starting dating in college through our mutual interests.
We were both in band. :geek:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:51 am

Postby Bacokatt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Women are kind of interesting. You can graph women though, which as a programmer you will like.
See, it's a ratio, a woman is typically exactly as crazy as she is hot, so, a girl that is 7 hot is probably 7 crazy and a girl that is 3 hot is probably 3 crazy. Some girls break barriers by being 0 hot and 10 crazy, like Rosie O'Donnel. Some girls are a 10 hot and only a 5 or 6 crazy, and this is what is called the wife zone. A 10 hot and a 1 or 2 crazy is the unicorn zone and it is an imaginary area.

Women have a much simpler system, if anyone is interested to know.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:51 am

Metal is World
=O w O=

Postby Mika » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 am

I, young sir, cannot offer to you any advice, other than what some of the people here have already said. I'm in the same position as you just a different gender xD. But I've grown fond of the single status so I just kind of leave it there. Though really, a big part of finding a girlfriend also depends on your personality. If your a shy person then naturally it will be harder to get out there and follow some of this advice from some of these guys, but if your a bit more outgoing then it should be a bit easier for you.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Blackharbor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 am

Well... xD I'm in the same boat as this guy and I'm also very shy.

Postby ciel » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:49 am

just b urself bro lol

i think the ideal situation would be to find someone in a group or club that shares your interests.
it also wouldn't hurt to try and make yourself more appealing - a different hairstyle or fitted wardrobe can change how people perceive, and ultimately interact, with you

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Girls are meh. Now guys, that's where it's at. Heh.
All joking aside you really just need to talk to a girl and start off as friends then see where it goes from there.
I met my boyfriend online, and it worked out for us, been together since 2011(in person). So if you get too discouraged you could always look online. c:

Postby Lime » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Hah, this one is a tricky one! Getting a girlfriend can be hard, and sometimes it's really daunting to try.

I think the first mistake is going into it expecting a relationship, actually. Trust me, it's where you'll always go wrong. I've been through many a' broken relationships and stupid things in the past because I was looking for somebody to date first, and a friend second. You have to enjoy their company, and get to know somebody on a non-dating level before you approach that. At least I think so! That way if you get along as friends, dating is easier. At least, for the ones that I've seen work, this is usually the case. But sometimes it can be weird because if you immediately make it seem like friends is all you'll EVER want, it can be hard to kind of un-friendzone yourself if you put yourself there in the first place. Make a friendship first, leave it open to a little bit of flirting and openness, and if they ask if you're interested, don't go "TCH. NO. HAHAHA." Because trust me, sometimes it's easier to be a little embarrassed if they don't see you the same way than miss out on an opportunity forever!

TLDR: Make friends first! Trust me. Worrying about getting in a relationship is after you get to know them!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:51 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Good advice Lime! Besides, flirting or playfulness can be fun.

Previous

Return to Hinterland