Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

getting a job takes foreveeeeerrrrr UPD8

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: getting a job takes foreveeeeerrrrr UPD8

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:26 am

True
One guy thought the lumoer fee meant he got paid (he might have been joking about that idk)
One got irrationally mad because Schneider's does t have this lumper fee crap and I refuse to pay it and I want it back in my truck (site manager: then we'll charge a reload fee too). LET ME CALL THEN. -15 minutes later- I need Xbrand check
The third? Once an hour: WTF IS TSKING SO LONG IT NEVER TOOK THIS LONG ANYWHERE ELSE IDGAF YOU'RE BEHIND AN HOUR I'VE BEEN WORKING FOR A YEAR RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!!!!!
He finally shut up and stopped bugging us when another trucker finally got pissed and told him to shut up he was still in diapers in the trucking world
Thank yah sir for making him stfu

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 11:44 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:29 pm

how's everything been going?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:26 am

It's all right when everything is spread out
Sadly the job ranges from boredboredbored to HURRY UP YOU HAVE A LINE AND THIS CHECK HATES YOU
And I was told that my pay is potentially going to go up
Already!
Right now it's $11/hour or ~$88/day
It'll change to a flat daily rate that's higher (I'm assuming $90/day) which is like salaried but unlike salaried I'll be able to collect overtime so that potential to make me work sixty hour weeks will be home cuz after 40 (which is the normal overtime spot) I'll be getting overtime pay
Dad really wishes he had gotten this job now XD
On his side there's three trainee lumpers. One, a kid who was a grade or two below me, has gotten past the hurr-durr the other two are stuck on, and despite being short, is doing all right. One is outright useless and in dad's words the last is "a step above useless"
And he dislikes more people because lumpers are paid by commission, and the more people on a truck, the less everyone gets

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:23 pm

more pay is good news!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 am

Postby Silverfire » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 am

Oh wow Kit owo

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:44 am

Yeah it is. If it ends up being something like $100/day it'll be nice, especially if I leave early or something
I'm just speculating $90/day cuz I have no idea how much higher and I don't want to go overboard and then be disappointed when I realize that I did

Postby Bassy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:38 pm

I have am starting back up at applying for jobs and I been using snagajob to fill out applications. I am praying to get T.J. Maxx. It will tell if you met the requirements to work at the job you selected. I hate that. It said that for pizza hut and kohls. I wasn't happy.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 am

Well, a job is a job
But retail suuuucks

Previous

Return to Hinterland