Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Work :(

Moderator: Ryvvi

Work :(

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:25 am

they left me in charge for the night
eeeeverything went wrong T_T /cries
why must people give me responsibility ;-;

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Re: Work :(

Postby Mika » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:08 am

:0 Are you in a position to be left in charge? Or were they just looking for a scapegoat?

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 am

Surely it wasn't that bad! I bet you handled everything beautifully.
What all went wrong?
/patpats

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Bassy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:57 pm

One of my friends was sick today and had to work. He worked for like two hours then I drove him home. At least you werent sick (hopefully.)
I can never get a job because everywhere I go you have to be 18 or older. I am 17. :(

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:53 pm

i misplaced a ton of money T_T they found it, but like shit. /dies
and like ive been sooort of trained up for it mika, but they couldnt find someone who knew what they were doing to take the shift so they had to rush the last bit of telling me how to run everything then left it at that
it just was a really stressful night~ and now apparently i might have to do it again this weekend and im not sure im up for the stress so soon T_T

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:00 pm

If they're making you do it again, that means you did better than they expected. XD

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 pm

i dont wanna do it again T_T
and knowing work, the only reason i would be doing it is because they havent realised they didnt replace the normal supervisors shift~ which is how i ended up doing it in the first place

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:36 pm

is that something you can ask them...."so who's scheduled for the normal shift"... or are there phone numbers for you to contact if you have problems or questions? When I first got left in charge I made sure I had phone numbers =- and I called if I had a problem because something bizarre always seemed to come up when I was left to fill in! But you can do it! Try to stay calm and just rethink what you did if you misplace or forget what you are doing.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 pm

i was texting the other supervisors for help
but its not the same :(

Postby Mika » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:03 am

Well... All I can say Ryvvi is... Make sure you get them to train you a bit more before this weekend. Who knows! Maybe you will get a promotion if they keep screwing up? Never hurts to get a better spot in the job.

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:03 am

i dont want a promotion T_T im quite happy having no responsibilities at work! i was very good at pretending to be a hard worker, but with this now i actually have to pay attention to my job /cries

Postby Mika » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:28 am

But you could potentially be better off financially. These days that's all that counts anymore.... Besides, your job will get easier the more you do it. So I have to encourage this!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 am

I agree with Mika. Do you have a list of procedures to follow or a checklist, I find that helps too.

Postby Mousy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:27 am

You can do it!!!
They would never leave someone in charge if they thought that person would ruin everything. AND they definitely wouldn't leave that person in charge AGAIN. They know you can do it, I know you can do it, Windlyn knows you can do it! You got this! Go make that money! /slaps bum
/end peptalk

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:26 pm

good pep talk too Mousy!!

Go Ryvvii!

Next

Return to Hinterland