Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Storms D:

Moderator: Ryvvi

Storms D:

Postby Silverfire » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 am

Hi! I know I lurk a lot on here but earlier this week, we got hit with a ton of rain and storms. Actually it stormed again last night but that was a baby one compared to what we've been through recently ^^;

We're all okay now; power's back on officially today (no more loops for us!). And I have some pretty (scary) pictures to show off.

Here's where you can find some of the aftermath of the flood;
http://imgur.com/a/PQHxd
And, yes, it did get up and under the trailer which is why the plastic is all down so it wouldn't rip it to shreds.

We didn't get it as bad as other places, but we did lose a few treetops and crops too ^^;

Anyone else been through some hairy weather recently?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

Re: Storms D:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Oh my

It's been the usual here lately

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Silverfire » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:48 pm

We got hit so hard with that last big system. It was just...... bad. Very bad. We got the least of the problems though, considering that some people around us lost everything; a few lost their lives too >>;

I have a video on my main tumblr I forgot about *smacks forehead*
http://denoflightandsilver.tumblr.com/post/124116967639
Big, scary water warning.

Anyway, yeah, we've been through a lot.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Yikes! My home is on top of a hill, so at worst the basement floods, but it's unfinished a d all that's really down there are washer, dryer and wood for the fireplace

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:58 pm

that is so scary silverfire! Rain is good but not when it comes in the form of flooding!!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

Postby Silverfire » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 pm

We live next to a creek on a hill and it rarely, rarely gets as high as that in the video. The last time it got that high was back in May of '04. It was a few feet higher than that. Bad night there too. The worst flood that happened was back about 5 years ago but it never flooded here, at all. Everywhere else was a different story ;;

We luckily have higher spots around just in case. But it's pretty rare chance for it to happen again. We're just so waterlogged around here, though. The ground can't hold the water so it just runs and runs and runs. But we've had two hot sunny days and it's starting to dry things out.

That's a estimated 15 feet of water, for extra scariness.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:13 am

Our road never floods, it was flooded a year or so ago
They replaced the culvert pipes shortly after that with larger ones

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:36 am

Our prayers were heard...we got rain! (And not just a few drops or two here and there). I think I am going to fill up some buckets... hopefully it will rain on and off so the ground has time to absorb it and the water doesn't become run off and slide down the hillsides

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

Return to Hinterland