Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Lemon's Sweete Shoppe...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Lemon's Sweete Shoppe...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Welcome to Lemon's Sweete Shoppe! A place to share delicious recipes and talk about sweets you like to eat or just to chat about sweet things that have happened in the day...or sweet things you've done to brighten someone else's day or just chat about sweet people you know or the sweet things you like...like these sweet avatars and items on Windlyn!

Feel free to share!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 pm

Re: Lemon's Sweete Shoppe

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Reserving this space for future

Re: Lemon's Sweete Shoppe

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Sharing a Cheesecake recipe: : )

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs........ 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
1- 8 ounze package cream cheese...... 1/2 cup sugar + 2 TB sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice............ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla X 2
dash of salt.......................... 2 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Crust: Mix 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 melted margarine and press into 8 or 9 inch pie plate.

Filling: Soften one 8 oz package of cream cheese. Beat until fluffy. Blend in 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbls lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla and dash of salt. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beat after each. Pour filling into crust.

Bake: in slow oven (325 degrees) for 25 to 30 minutes until set. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.

Topping: Combine 1 cup sour cream, 2 TBS sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spoon over top of pie.

Bake 10 minutes more. Cool and chill and enjoy!

Posting this recipe in memory of our neighbor who taught her boys to cook this recipe and let them use us as a guinea pig! Yum!!

Re: Lemon's Sweete Shoppe...

Postby Diana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Hiya!
On the note of recipe sharing, ThinkGeek posted a link to this page (http://www.thatsnerdalicious.com/recipes/totoro-tarts/) with a video on how to make super cute Totoro tarts!

Site Admin

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 pm

http://kitalphahart.tumblr.com/post/118 ... p-speed-up
HAVE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH CHOPPED POTATOES YUM YUM

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Thank you for your recipes! It's great to share a picture if possible: especially if it is something cute!

I am SO hungry!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Did anyone try making the totoro tarts? Japanese food is so adorable, you want to be able to keep it forever! I wonder how the sesame pudding they used tastes - I like sesame seeds so maybe it would be good?

I made a similar chicken soup, Kit, without noodles though. I hate when I run out of noodles and forget to buy more or have an over abundance of some noodles and not the one I want to use!

It was so hot today I ate a mango popsicle, and then I ate a lime popsicle and now I think I am going to eat a lemon popsicle...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:09 pm

I actually found Huckleberry ice cream!! I miss picking wild huckleberries. I don't even think they will grow here. I am trying to grow blueberries but not doing so well (might be better if they got watered regularly)

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:16 am

i have a recipe for french vanilla blueberry oatmeal but i don't have exact measurements for it , would it still be alright for me to post it?

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:15 am

If it works without exact measurements then why not! Someone maybe good at figuring out the exact measurements... I have a tendency to just "wing" the measurements most of the time myself anyway and in some recipes I may add more flavoring then what it calls for anyway.

french vanilla blueberry sounds yuuummmy

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 am

Okay so you basically do your oatmeal as you usually like it ... i have sugar and butter and cinnamon and nutmeg in mine usually, instead of milk you use a french vanilla creamer and instead of hot water you can use brewed coffee, if you don`t have that on hand instant coffee put in and then adding boiled water works too. After all that you put in some fresh blueberries and mix them in with the oatmeal and enjoy, i sometimes do this with marmalade or strawberry jam instead but i find i like blueberries the best with it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 am

I have never heard of making oatmeal with coffee but I am going to try it! (Even though I am not a big oatmeal fan since it makes me itchy, I eat it once in awhile and I make the sacrifice for Oatmeal cookies!)

It sounds like a great menu item for a coffee shop - I'm surprised Starbucks hasn't latched onto the idea!

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 am

I plan on eventually opening up a cafe myself some day and it'll be one of my menu items for sure eheh..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:46 am

Maro: have you worked at a coffee shop at all for building experience? Actually Starbucks has good benefits. A small town cafe definitely has its charm, especially when everyone knows everyone and it is like a social gathering place.
I don't think it is for me though, the people I know who own their own shops etc seem to be working 24/7. I'm more for going in and doing my job and leaving and not having to worry about work until the next day. It's not that I don't mind working - because I have always had excellent reviews from my employers - but i appreciate my free time more and I've had to fill in as management and I really don't like all that responsibility because everything then falls on you.I shine more at being a helper.

What ideas have you had for a shoppe? I keep trying to talk our local java joe place to do bobba tea as well.

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:52 am

I have worked at a few different cafes and such over the past couple years and talked to a lot of owners as well. I've always dreamed of having my own cafe the only problem is trying to decide on menus and times to be open and other such things is all.

Next

Return to Hinterland