Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Lemon's Sweete Shoppe...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's Sweete Shoppe...

Postby MeatVegetable » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Makes me have to go to the toilet a lot

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Postby Of the Stars » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Are you lactose intolerant Meat?

My grandpa is diabetic but he's very good at monitoring his diet. I didn't realize how much of a sweet tooth he has because he was always eating healthy and seemed to rarely have sweets. But last summer he ate one cookie and said he has just one each night before bed.
His favorite dessert is key lime pie.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby MeatVegetable » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Yes Lactose intolerant and most sugars shoots right through me as well

Postby Mad*Honey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Ohh, so that's why it's hard for you to eat sugar >_<. What about sugar from fruits..?

Postby MeatVegetable » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 pm

fruits are fine just not healthy to eat a lof of them, I think it's for every 1 serving of fruit you should have 3 or 4 servings of veggies.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:36 pm

I like key lime pie!

Good thing I like veggies - just need to eat more of them.

Postby Mad*Honey » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 am

owo I never knew that fruits and veggies were given a ratio. I like fruits, but I don't like the thought of eating them because the idea of placing sour stuff in my mouth puts me off >w<". The only vegetables I like are those that are at least a little dehydrated hahaha..

I've never had key lime pie before, but key lime ice creams and yogurts taste good

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 am

Mad*honey - what fruits are you eating that are sour? Are you not able to get fresh fruit where you are? Most fruit, like strawberries (ok maybe strawberries technically is not classified as a fruit because the seeds are on the outside, - it is still fruit to me), blueberries, oranges etc are only sour if they are not ripened. If you have fresh fruit - OMG -they are SO sweet and delicious and better then candy. I'd pick fresh fruit over candy any day (just not partially ripe fruit, yuck).

Postby Mad*Honey » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Strawberries and blueberries.. Actually, they aren't that sour but the thought of them is >x<! You're making me want fresh fruit xD (which I don't get in the city, though maybe the farmer's market on Sunday mornings might have them when it's the season for it)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 pm

add a sprinkle of sugar to cut strawberries and let them sit for a minute or two and they will not only sweeten up but it will bring out the juice as well....yummy with whipped cream

Postby Mad*Honey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am

Ohh I should try that! Today I finally ate a strawberry in the morning, but it was really sour so I didn't eat anymore ^^;;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 pm

ya, don't eat them if they are sour, yuck. Waste of money if they are out of season.

Try some frozen berries with juice in a blender and make a smoothie, add some yogurt for creaminess and to sweeten it up abit. If you get those frozen yogurt tubes freeze them and put half a frozen yogurt in the smoothie. (Do remember to take off the wrapping!). Then you get some protein and it makes a good pick me up in the morning. If you like the smoothie thicker then add a few ice cubes too. - or for even sweeter a scoop of ice cream!

Postby Mad*Honey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Oh yum! That sounds delicious~
Too bad our family tossed out the blender though D:. We do have a nutribullet at least.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 pm

The bullet is perfect! You can make just the right size!

Postby Of the Stars » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't know what happened to our blender or maybe we never had one. ^^;
I'm really horrible at cleaning them out.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland