Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

believe it or not:the scent of space

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: believe it or not...you think you have headaches?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:53 pm

ZB: some people will go to great extents to lose weight and be slim.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm

A link to some archaelogical sites - #7 is a vikings settlement in Maro's territory - Newfoundland
Giant stone balls in Costa Rica, a claw perfectly preserved from New Zealand.
I liked the plant book written in a lanuage no one knows! (Had to be sometime after they developed paper and color writing dispensers, was it done in code to hide where they had found the unidentifiable plant life?).

http://www.neekly.com/12-archaeological ... -on-earth/

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:58 am

Ooo! I'm so happy to see that included! ^^ thank you for sharing Lemon! :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:31 am

Maro what kind of historical sights do they have for tourists there?

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 am

man the entire island of newfoundland and the little islands off it it are so chock full of historical sites it's hard to name just a couple. eheh after all st.john's itself the capital is over 500 years old at this point... >v<

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:56 pm

do you have any favorites? I love historical stuff, would probably love to go visit there.

Postby Maro » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:01 pm

i mostly enjoy the war bunkers and older houses or 'haunted' locations , there's just so many to choose from

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:21 pm

is your family deeply rooted in the area? Some of my family only came over to Prince Edward Island during the potato famine in Ireland in the 1800's so my "heritage" is still more European.

Postby Maro » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:01 pm

all i know is my family goes back and back and back and that I'm mostly native on my mother's side to be honest.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:52 pm

wow! That is so amazing! Most people can't trace past the 1800's. Native as in first nations? If so, most provinces allow educational benefits and you can be entitled to financial shares for some tribes I believe.

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:11 am

i was registered in my hometown under my birth name but idk how to reregister since my mom is the one who did it for me in the first place so idk if I can get those benefits

yeah the European portions of my family's background are a bit harder to trace back

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Maro, you may not be in luck looking at the below article. I guess it may just depend on which tribe you are part of.

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/201 ... _says.html

This may answer some questions:

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/11001 ... 8588720984

Postby Maro » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 am

Ahn yes I've been following that closely for the longest time, the problem is I'm pale as they come so I've always been afraid of speaking out despite the fact that I was always deeply routed in the Mi'kmaq culture since I was a small kid.. eheh... it's.. complicated... :distress:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:56 pm

that must have been tough growing up. there were 3 different tribes near where I spent my high school years. one tribe took the money they got and invested it, bought up properties etc and did real well - in a white mans world. They were slighted by another tribe who wanted to only live on the reservation and their places were run down etc. parents were alcoholics and the kids got into a lot of trouble. The other tribe tried to live in both worlds ended up building a cultural museum, that they rent out for weddings etc and use to educate the public on the history of the area as well as still incorporate their traditions and celebrations (totem pole and canoe building, fishing, sweat houses etc) into their daily lives.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:38 pm

what is with tapeworms in brains lately!?!?? I swear, I think I don't want to eat pork again!
This guy barely made it to the hospital in time - quick acting on his Mother's part -but it is scary, how would you know? Many people get frequent headaches... An interesting point they mention is that it can cause epileptic seizures.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ ... n-34967433

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland