Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Wedding Dress

Moderator: Ryvvi

Wedding Dress

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 am

So im currently binge watching say yes to the dress, and started thinking about wedding dresses, which led obviously to trying to decide what kind of dress i would want.
Ive always known i wanted to go all out on my dress/accessories because wearing the wedding dress is a once in a lifetime opportunity, unlike, a big dinner with friends family, etc which really you can do no matter when, maybe to a lesser degree.
so, i was looking at Zuhair Murad who is my favourite designer, only the dresses are priced at $15 000-
25 000 minimum :distress:
Which leads me (finally) to my question, how much would you be willing to pay for your wedding dress with the sort of budget you have now, and how much you would be spend if you had unlimited funds?
And to those who have already been married, how much was your dress? :cheer:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Re: Wedding Dress

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 am

If a portal to hell opened and I got married, I'd be eloping o.e

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:50 am

Kitalpha Hart ok buuut if said portal to hell opened, would you wear anything special? or would you like go to signing form place in your everyday clothes?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 am

The lovely thing about designer dresses is that if you aren't in a hurry they come down in price or you can have a similar one sewn. My bosses daughter found a $5000 dress marked on sale for $1000 and because she went to a bridal faire ended up getting it half that price (or maybe it was even less).

There are deals out there...and if you don't mind your dress being "something old"...you can borrow someone's,use your Mom's or Grandmothers (my cousin had my Aunts modified to fit her), buy a used one at goodwill, or buy an after prom sale dress and sew sequins and pearls and "fancy it up" all for under $100.

If you choose wisely you can have ones that have trains that detach so that if you have a formal dinner one day you can wear the top half. And really, "white" dresses for brides has only been the norm since this last century.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:27 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am

Honestly, the cheapest and nicest one I can find that fits and I like. Designer brand ones would be nice, but I also don't want to spend so much money on a dress that will be worn once.

My mom didn't have an actual wedding dress at her wedding. I think the ceremony and such is a bit more important than the dress.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:55 pm

I have nicer clothes I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight wear

Postby Silverfire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 pm

There was one place I found that made wedding dresses for cheap. Knockoffs but getting a nice dress was like 500$ and that is probably the most I would spend on something I would wear for 4 hours.

I'm not high and fancy and there would be no way I could make use of a dress like that again so no need to go all out *shrugs* I'd rather not get married anyway, although tax benefits are good.

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:59 pm

i hadnt thought of waiting until it goes down in price~ ill probably end up trying to do that~
and yeah silverfire my boss was telling me aaages ago how she went to a bridal shop, took a photo of the dress and then took it to the seamstress down the road and it dropped like 5k xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:29 pm

when my sister got married we went around to bridal shops and I took photos of her in the dress so she could see which one photographed the best - now they put signs up to tell you photos are not allowed.

But there are a lot of photos of dresses on line if you wanted to have one sewn.

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:59 pm

ugh that sucks i feel like photos should still be allowed >.> like yeah some people are gonna try and rip you off but some might just wanna take a pic of it

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Here's a link to a wedding dress that has been passed down through the generations. I can see back then that clothes were so expensive and so you helped justify the cost by believing you would be passing it down but I wonder how many people today buy dresses with the intent to "pass" it down.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/pennsyl ... d=34103983

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 pm

I'll most likely rent a dress for my wedding. No point in blowing thousands of dollars for something if wear on only one occasion. If I had unlimited funds Id have something tailored for me. I haven't given much thought to my wedding dress or even a wedding for that matter.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 am

@Lemon
Omg that dress would be amazing thats a really cool tradition

@Engrave yeah i dont normally think too much about what my wedding would be like, it wasnt until i started watching the show i started thinking about it xD
Mostly me buying such an expensive dress is wishful thinking, id probably get to the store and balk at all the prices ;-; it is a lot to spend on a dress you wear once

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:47 am

One word : Sales

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:06 pm

My boyfriend was looking at engagement rings the other day, asking me what style I liked. I'm scared. lol
I watch a lot of say yes to the dress, but I mostly like making fun of how much those people spend on their dresses. I guess I'm just one of those girls who thinks eloping sounds like a good idea. I like looking cute, but there is no way I could ever afford a nice dress. Also the idea of a big wedding just depresses me. My father died when I was 11 so... I don't really want to think about walking down the aisle. Also he has a big family and my side would only have a hand full of my family members. The issues are real. lol

Next

Return to Hinterland