Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Wedding Dress

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Wedding Dress

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:49 pm

You don't have to spend a lot on a dress.Even designer ones are on sale somewhere. You have time now to look around. Buy it before spring time (when they are in demand and cost more). Even Prom dresses pass for a wedding dress so check out after Prom sales.

Don't sell yourself short and to a Justice of the Peace thing. Anyone I know who has done that has regretted it. And as much as people say they will have a reception later, most never do plus the "moment " is lost.
Let everyone rejoice with you. Cut costs by doing an afternoon wedding with finger foods...you can do a family dinner if you want after. And I know of someone who did a "potluck" and someone else who just had the wedding in their backyard and did cake and desserts. The idea is to visit together, and get a chance to dress up and look pretty. Take lots of pictures!Write out what groups of people you want photos with and what angles you may want. Most of all just enjoy the excitement and the process. And do some premarital counselling so you know what you are getting into (re: are you on the same page for raising children, finances, etc).

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 pm

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 pm

My mom eloped basically, they signed a paper. She's never regretted it. I'm not one of those girls who likes to plan things or shop for that matter. My boyfriends wants a big wedding, if he wants one he can plan it and pay for it. xD I would like a very tiny service, private like ten people tops. As for the marriage counseling we already live together for the past four years, we're on the same page about everything basically except for wedding junk. lol

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Hocus: Then just do a small intimate celebration for a wedding and let him plan a family get together to celebrate later or have fun watching him plan the whole thing. So long as you commit to talk things out instead of shout it out, then when situations arise over finances or discipline of kids or stuff you may not think of now, you have a chance.

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 am

I spent about $300 on mine! I tried to find a picture to post here, but there were none of just me and the dress and I am not about to post someone's pic without their permission. XD

My best friend used it for her wedding this past March. My hope is that more people will use it because it is beautiful and deserves to see the sunlight again and again!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Mousy: So on a wedding anniversary put the dress on and have a photo taken of just you and the dress....that is if it still fits, seems like we women don't fit into the dress after a few years of being married...

I think it is so wonderful you share the dress with your friends. I had a friend offer me her dress to wear but she married an ex-boyfriend of mine and it just didn't seem right. But I had already bought an on sale white 3/4 length Prom dress that reminded me of a ballerina, when I wasn't even dating (I like to be prepared and take advantage of great deals), and sewed sequins and pearls and a satin lining on it when I did get engaged and spent less then $100 on the dress and shoes. The whole wedding, reception, flowers, dinner, photos etc was about $2000.

My youngest Sister on the other hand spent a few hundred on her dress ( it was on sale and VERY lovely, very elegant), and her wedding was closer to $10,000. Too insane amount for me but her husband had so much family and friends there wedding was huge! Very nice though, food was great, and their's included an open bar - mine only had wine or beer. The open bar kills you. Don't recommend it, then you don't have to worry if people are leaving drunk and get home safely.

Previous

Return to Hinterland