Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Favorite things about fall!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Favorite things about fall!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 pm

well, we are still waiting on the rain part... we got some last week after a long drought , but not near enough

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm

Postby Maro » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:07 am

hope you get your rain soon!~

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 6:00 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:21 pm

we got literally 5 minutes of rain today so far - enough to make the dirt on our vehicles smudge :

Postby Maro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 am

oh wow ovo;;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Hooray! We got a rain shower last night (although it caused accidents on the freeway) and some more rain this morning... now we have an Alaskan front coming through and temperatures dropped - it might even freeze tonight!!

Postby Maro » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:09 am

we've got a mix of snow/rain today it seems.

i love this awkward time where it's not winter yet but autumn isn't really 'autumn' anymore... and the holiday drinks and specials start popping up all over the place it's a nice time of year honestly.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:40 pm

sounds like you got slush... not fun to drive in and it is worse when that freezes...at least snow compacts down, slush just ices over and you have a tendency to get black ice - which you can't see until you are on it...sigh, don't miss that part

Starbucks here have a Monday special right now for holiday drinks but it is offered 2 pm to 5 when I am still at work. I use the starpoints from the coffee I buy on sale at the store to get my rewards points built up (they just had bonus stars)and then I can earn a free fancy drink. McDonalds coffee is a dollar for their regular large so I generally stop there if I am going by. I picked up some pumpkin spice flavoring and just pour some of that in it - same taste, fraction of the cost. Got to be as frugal as I can. But I also love getting deals!

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:00 am

My family brought the rain and cold weather with them. It was 70 degrees Friday morning, but by the time my parents arrived at 4pm, it was down to about 40 degrees. They said they drove in rain the entire 6 hour drive and it hasn't stopped raining since they've arrived. They brought the cold front with them. XD They just left, so maybe they'll take the rain back with them. :cheeky:

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 2:30 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:05 am

Mousy" Oh no! Poor them! They must have been so stressed when they arrived! (Or are they use to driving in the rain?). Rain meant you all probably had to be couped up inside, that's too bad. Hope you had a good visit anyway...they must be so excited to be having a new little mousy coming!

Postby Maro » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 am

I'm thinking of making a favorite things about winter thread eheh.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:50 pm

maybe soon as fall is almost officially over!?

Postby Maro » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 pm

sounds like a good idea -nodnod-

Previous

Return to Hinterland