Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

If I had known then what I know now...

Moderator: Ryvvi

If I had known then what I know now...

Postby Mousy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:45 pm

This is a thread for some of your "regrets."

They can be serious.

They can be silly.

My first one is this~ But it needs some background first. I met my now husband my first day of college. We started dating about a month in. My parents had only seen pictures of him and he has a very unique name and he is very, very dark especially in summer. So, my mother asked if he was from Nigeria. I regret not telling my husband about it immediately because he would have played it up so well. I didn't know that then because we were still learning about each other, but that is right up there with his sense of humor. He wishes now that I had told her that he was from Nigeria to see how long he could keep it up.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: If I had known then what I know now...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:52 pm

I regret buying a cappuccino from Starbucks, but I couldn't help that it was calling my name. Lol.
I'm supposed to be saving my money and my dad gets annoyed if I spend it one something as trivial as a cappuccino.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Monkeygirl, are you a Starbuck's reward member? Sign up and every transaction you get a point. After 12 you get a free drink. They email ways to earn bonus points AND you get a FREE drink of your choice for your birthday. (Your purchase could just be a regular coffee for 2 bucks).

I regret I ate a whole container of fluff ice with red bean and mochi by myself and had a tummy ache all night.I wasn't going home right away and I thought it would melt so I just HAD to eat it.

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Naw, it would encourage my spending habits.

I regret........being a spoiled little brat when I was little that I would whine and cry if I didn't get my way in sports so I never played sports after that. I wish I played fairly and stayed in sports.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:51 am

I wished I hadn't formed a friendship with a certain girl
Yeah I would've been alone for most of school then but knowing what oshe is now, I would've been better off

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Mousy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:01 am

oooh friendship regret... those are painful.

I will always regret not having the courage to stand up for myself through High School. I had so many clever and witty comebacks that never left my mouth because I was afraid of hurting other people's feelings even though they were hurting mine already.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:55 am

Mousy now i regret not faking an odd accent when i came to visit D:

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 1:14 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Silverfire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:06 am

There's a lot of stuff I would do differently.

One of them would be going back and taking college classes that actually appealed to me, rather than trying to follow someone else's dream. I wouldn't be working so hard trying to get started on getting my BA now as well.

I'd also would have stopped trying to be someone that I'm not a longer time ago too.

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 am

too many things i would do differently to name them all to be honest...

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 11:44 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:23 pm

I get depressed looking back at what I should have/ could have done differently. Best thing for me is to look at it and try to learn from it and figure out what I can change now. Since I'm the only one I have any inclining of control over then it usually means changing me! Why...!?!! Why is it so hard to change...!?!?! (especially when I know, should know, better)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 pm

I wouldn't have gone into Journalism and put more thought into what I would want to major in, knowing how hard it is for me to communicate with other people.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:33 pm

Monkeygirl, was it a last minute choice or did you always, maybe secretly, want to write?

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:22 am

I wouldn't have babied my kitten so much when she was just a little baby. Now she meows loudly at strange times in the middle of the night until you get up and talk to her. -__-

Postby Lianna » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:45 am

Mousy, you're enabling her behavior. Ignore her and she will realize that you're ignoring her, so the reward (you giving her attention) isn't coming, so she will stop

Sup nerds check my main if you want my attention

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:53 am

hello... My name is Mousy and I am a cat enabler. :worry:
It's so hard to ignore her little kitty mews.
I WILL BE STRONG TONIGHT. No more 3am love. T_T

Next

Return to Hinterland