A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Blue Jay's Little Nest

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Blue Jay's Little Nest

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 am

Mika wrote:Well if its just the subscribes you have for threads here on Windlyn, the staff took them down to see if it helps the site. But if it was actual websites you had the boo!

oh, so it wasn't my mother, I'm calm now. tho I don't know if it will really help the site. but...calm now. ^^

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby galled » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 am

npixelz wrote:
Mika wrote:Well if its just the subscribes you have for threads here on Windlyn, the staff took them down to see if it helps the site. But if it was actual websites you had the boo!

oh, so it wasn't my mother, I'm calm now. tho I don't know if it will really help the site. but...calm now. ^^

Sorry our taking down subscriptions caused so much trouble. You guys post so much your email services were tarpitting (rate limiting incoming email - a method, albeit a feeble one, to reduce spam) anything Windlyn sent them. Now please understand posting is a good thing, but the way subscriptions work here by default was sending out thousands of emails. By the time we figured out what was happening there was a backlog of over 8000 emails in the outgoing queue! So we disabled subscriptions and subsequently PM email notifications (you guys send out hundreds of PM's! Again more good things in our eyes--keep it up) to clear out the queue while we figured out solutions.

The good news is we'll be turning on subscriptions again today. Diana modified Windlyn's code so subscriptions will work without sending email notifications. We'll be keeping PM email notifications disabled too (PM's still work, but they don't send out emails). Diana will make a formal announcement later to discuss if it is worth developing a less intrusive email notification system (if anyone cares vs. time and effort). In the meantime we figure these steps will keep Windlyn running smoothly so Diana can get back to drawing cute stuff for us!

Thanks for everyones patience and understanding while we go through some growing pains!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:09 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:13 am

galled wrote:
npixelz wrote:

Sorry our taking down subscriptions caused so much trouble. You guys post so much your email services were tarpitting (rate limiting incoming email - a method, albeit a feeble one, to reduce spam) anything Windlyn sent them. Now please understand posting is a good thing, but the way subscriptions work here by default was sending out thousands of emails. By the time we figured out what was happening there was a backlog of over 8000 emails in the outgoing queue! So we disabled subscriptions and subsequently PM email notifications (you guys send out hundreds of PM's! Again more good things in our eyes--keep it up) to clear out the queue while we figured out solutions.

The good news is we'll be turning on subscriptions again today. Diana modified Windlyn's code so subscriptions will work without sending email notifications. We'll be keeping PM email notifications disabled too (PM's still work, but they don't send out emails). Diana will make a formal announcement later to discuss if it is worth developing a less intrusive email notification system (if anyone cares vs. time and effort). In the meantime we figure these steps will keep Windlyn running smoothly so Diana can get back to drawing cute stuff for us!

Thanks for everyones patience and understanding while we go through some growing pains!

thank you!

Postby Lina » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:47 am

I'll look forward to the announcement.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:09 pm

:: Lina :: 27 :: Female :: Illinois ::
:: Zombie Master :: Giver of Puppies ::

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:51 am

so will I.
on a different note, does anyone have a Gaia account?

Postby Lina » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:56 am

I used to be on Gaia like 10 years ago, but I quit when it started being like 70% trolls. >.<
I kinda like the smaller forums better. People are usually nicer.

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:59 am

Lina wrote:I used to be on Gaia like 10 years ago, but I quit when it started being like 70% trolls. >.<
I kinda like the smaller forums better. People are usually nicer.

yeah, I guess. I used to be on it, but then I wasn't on it for awhile and forgot my password.

Postby Lina » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 am

npixelz: I might be able to remember my password on there. But I don't have anything on my account anymore. I sold it all and got art. XD

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks Galled for clearing up the confusion with the Subscriptions! ^^

Hey everyone how's it going?

I had three Gaia accounts but stopped going on it after the MMO came out.

Lina after a 6 month hiatus they lock your account.

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:37 am

oh kay.

really? I'm not sure how long I've been away.

Postby Lina » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:42 am

Wind is better than Gaia. >:3

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:44 am

Lina wrote:Wind is better than Gaia. >:3

yes, but some of my old Crysandrea friends are on gaia, and I want them to come to Windlyn and Sapherna, because I miss them. ^^

Postby Lina » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:47 am

I do miss my old Gaia friends. :/

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:48 am

Lina wrote:I do miss my old Gaia friends. :/

the only friends I had there were some of my old Crysandrea friends, I wasn't on gaia for long.

Postby Maro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:52 am

i've got one i don't use it too much mind you.

also hello again everyone

yay updates~

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Art by - ciel

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts