A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Roaming Pirate Ship.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Roaming Pirate Ship.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:09 pm

It looks like you have a thread too! I shall try to chat here a little as well.

I like this: P.S. Pirate speech is optional, and not required.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:32 am

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Pssssh a female pirate captain is waaaaay better! Lol

Hey there Lai!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:32 pm

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:42 pm

I wonder why they used to historically used to say that having females on ships bring bad luck. Probably an accidental sexism thing, as per the norm. owo;

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Hmmm who knows? Maybe it could also play into Mythology?

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Most things do play into mythology, but you can sort of understand peoples' mindsets by the myths they create. I always feel like myths and legends etc are kind of solid evidence of how people acted and believed in those days.

So for instance, if it is related to mythology, then people had to create that story of women being unlucky. I'm interested into where that story would've come from... if I disappear I've started googling this and I may not return for several hours.

Postby Cae » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Lai: Yeah I have a thread as well, hough I don't reply that often anymore, just whenever this minecraft server is resetting (As it takes a few minutes to do so, and resets every hour.)

:Mika: Pffft, Jack Sparrow is better than any other pirate captain, and you know it.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Always looking for something interesting.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Hahaha, I was planning on making a quest thread, but I don't think there's a forum for it. Nor is there a guide listing all the items (Lazarus seems to be out of date).

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Ka Lai - I think not having women on a ship had to do with the men being distracted by the women in an unproductive way. But not all cultures seemed to feel that way, look at the vikings.

There is a lull in the shops because of university exam time. This site is more of a part time /hobby that we get to benefit from. Don't despair, spring break is coming up... and we had a TON of new items at Valentine's.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Postby Cae » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Lai: Lol. There's not enough items to go around to make such a thread right now. xD
I know I'm missing a good number of items, but I'll try and pick them up over time.

Lemon: I honestly wouldn't mind my university having exams right now, and sadly just got off Spring Break. (My Uni. has literally thrown a ton of breaks at us early on for this sem., and I'm hating it. :c )

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:49 pm

maybe see if you can take online courses too?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:36 am

Lai: well I guess we both kind of disappeared hahaha. But did you find anything?

Cae: ehh...... Its debatable... I mean, he does seem to go through crew members... And his ships do like sinking.... I mean, in a way we would be kind of doomed if he was the captain.

Postby Cae » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 am

Lemon: Urgh, hell no. I've tried those a few times, and they almost always end badly, or I don't do as well as I normally would.

Mika: Well, the crew member thing isn't really his fault, and as for his ship sinking, that was more or less his fault, but he's still a freaking amazing captain. xD

Postby Kimmi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:07 am

Hiya! I am new so I hope you don't mind I come and chat here ^-^ I also like Pirates ^^

Postby Cae » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 am

Lol. Stay and chat if you wish. xD

Postby Kimmi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:36 am

Thank you :D

So how are ya'all doing? I'm alright I guess, I pulled a muscle in my foot at the gym and it's killing me today DX

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts