A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 am

Yeah.

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:47 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:57 pm

That will be convenient then, maybe you can help each other out - eliminate some of the stress.

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:47 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:27 pm

We do have psychology, not together and not with the same teacher, but probably some similar work.

Postby galled » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:32 pm

The best part is you may be able to share the textbook. They are stupid expensive. Even used ones are a ripoff usually...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Juneberry » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:22 am

That seems like a smart move, sharing textbooks and notes if able.
Stress is bad. Working together will make it less stressful if you're going to be able to anyway~

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:47 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 am

Meh, we could, and I mentioned it to her before, but she doesn't want to. Mostly because she lives across the street and she just likes having her own.

Also the fact the books has an access code. I mean, I know I can buy it separately, but it's kind of an inconvenience to have to try to fit around our schedule.

But, I'm finally moved in and I already hate my room. Walked in, water seeps out from the tiles because of the showers on the other side of my wall and it smelled SO BAD!

The room is insanely small and might have to bunk the beds because the other bed is awkwardly sitting in the middle of the room. It's a double room looking like it's supposed to be a single room. Apart from two fixed desks and closets and such.

Hopefully the maintenance guys fix it soon.

And hopefully my roommate comes soon so that I can meet her.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:45 pm

When the maintenance guy comes have him make sure there is no mildew or black mold from the water - that is not good... can they give you a new room? Musty from being an old building is one thing but it really should not smell bad. Maybe you can get an upgrade out of it...don't make yourself sick if the room is hazardous air, or your stuff gets wet and ruined.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:30 am

It's not a lot of water for that to happen.

They said it came from the showers, which are just on the other side of the wall from me. It goes through the grout or whatever it's called and goes under the wall.

They're going to tear this dorm down some time in the future. I think I heard that water would flood the basement here or something. But this dorm is old, has water problems and just disgusting altogether.

At least I can hopefully look forward to an apartment next year so that I don't have to worry about the state of the dorms.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 am

Just make sure that it doesn't become a health hazard for you - hopefully they had clearance from the Health department...do you think there is a chnace they could move you somewhere else?

Postby Juneberry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 pm

I agree- you definitely should try to find an affordable alternative that isn't as dangerous to your health. What if there's mold growing in the walls? With what it sounds like, that could happen. ;-; Lots of love and hugs for you!

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:47 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:43 pm

There isn't any mold or else the maintanence guys would've noticed.

The rooms are all checked before anyone moves in and I had to check my room too.

If there was mold in here when they first checked, they wouldn't have had someone move in until it's taken care of.
If I saw mold, I would've also told them that.

The smell was from stagnant shower water. I was in the bathroom and one of the showers leaks.

They honestly need to start building new dorms and stop building useless crap, because this isn't the only bad dorm on campus. This dorm is to be torn down in the next year or two.....or three.

And since they already changed one dorm into an office building, there's really not much rooms on campus.

I realized, the basement here doesn't flood, but the dorm next to this does.

Also, they've already torn one dorm down for water reasons and mold already. But instead of rebuilding a dorm there, they made a walkway, which I think is stupid.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Just keep an eye on it then. Hope your room mate is someone you will be friends with for life!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:06 pm

If I ever see her, lol. She also has a job that goes until midnight.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:37 pm

well, then it will be good for her to know she has someone watching out for her on those late nights... walking around alone on campuses late at night is not such a good idea. Good thing you are a night owl and don't go to bed early

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, I have an early class, so I would be asleep when she gets back, lol.

Curse you, 9am classes!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts