A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [14 to 700]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [back to work]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri May 31, 2024 11:30 pm

Pfft. Saturday we're all gonna crash, and crash hard, by my guess
Most of us are normally in bed or asleep by the time we'll get home on these hours
For me, the end time is usually when I get ready for bed

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:01 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:42 am

Wow, long days ... good over time I hope!

Should help with the house hold budget ... new things for the home!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:01 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:07 am

They're trying reallllllllllllllllly mcfucking hard to avoid Saturday mandates
I'll take Saturday over a twelve hour shift, nevermind a week of then

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:16 pm

It will be interesting to hear how they resolve it.

I am sure they don't want a chance of accidents increasing from fatigue. I am mandated 6 days a week if my employer chooses . I am so thankful I don't have to work Sunday's ... at least I know I can have ONE day off to rest up.

Stay safe, Kit!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:31 pm

Yeah they don't do Sundays
They got the labor board called on them for running 13/1 cycles
Which is legal in the state, but it was during peak covid so it didn't go over well
And yes somehow they got declared to be essential
That was before I started tho so I got to miss it all

Anyway had my friend over to get flowers done
Didn't get them all in, gonna get garlands before we do the rest. Only did the droopy ones

ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:15 pm

Sounds like fun, I bet your friend enjoyed the time as well ... always good to unleash the creativity in ourselves & better doing it with friends.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:42 am

She did
She also agrees with the garlands

Anyway gotten through the first day of the five days of twelves
Pulled into the parking lot, had to stop as my lead was crossing to get to his truck. Rolled down my window and asked him if he wanted to be run over. ZERO hesitation, an enthusiastic "he'll yeah!"
The shift itself was basically new day same shit
End of shift
Coworker: feels like I just saw y'all!
Me: *cackles*
Few minutes later, see my lead grumping ans go give him a hug. He did happy chuckles and went "thanks darling," to which went "you're welcome, sweetie"
He does terms of endearment. I get "kid" a lot because in the youngest in my area. I do not do them

Conclusion: it's gonna be an interesting week, cuz there's four more to go

Postby galled » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:33 am

Start another countdown!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:45 am

Nah. I'm gonna be dead tired by the end

Also yes I was one of the ones affected by the avi snapshot, but the one I was wearing had still been shown in the avi creator. Still decided to change it to "I have become a magical girl against my will"

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:20 pm

Sounds like everyone has a good disposition over it so far... let's see how goofy or cranky they all are at the end.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:40 am

So far we seem to be holding out. Though to be fair, in my experience with a week of twelve hour shifts, it doesn't really hit full power until the fourth day. This upcoming shift is day 3 so it'll start showing, but how badly will depend on the person
And due to unpaid lunch, technically these are only 11.5 hour shifts, so they're better than they could be. They could've made us run full twelves, so 12.5 hours because of said unpaid lunches
Did joke to my lead that he was banned from ditting cuz he broke his second chair. He chuckled, then told me that he's on the move with his job more, so getting up and down a lot is too much for him, hence the standing desk thingie. Which, fair enough, but at least I was able to make the joke and he got it

Postby galled » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:38 am

I used to work 12-16 hour days 6 days a week for months, but we had a lot of down time during the day so it wasn't constant work/pay attention the whole time. You're on an assembly line, so that's totally different--do you get breaks every so many minutes or hours?

How does he keep breaking chairs? Are they all the same or different ones?

Stand up desks are good, but you need a high stool/tall chair to lean against/sit on once in a while. My current desk goes up and down (best of both worlds). 12 hours standing would take its toll.

It sounds like you have a wonderful group of people at your work. It sounds like so much fun working with them.

Server Administrator

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:55 am

Roughly every two hours. We're also supposed to switch every half hour on the manual lines. The auto lines (barring one) are one person unless it's a complex packout, but rotation doesn't happen on those. The one line that's so stupid long it needs two at all times we either swap out every break, whenever we feel like it, or not at all. But that one isn't as big of a deal for changing out because there's no trimming involved
The break order is 15-15-lunch (30)-15, with another 15 if it's past the standard ten (and a half) hour shift

The first one four of the six screws fell out so it's wobbly cuz the two left are on the same row. Works fine if you use it backwards. He has that one at his desk
The other one, the screws broke. All two of them. Don't know how that happened, but the sest is no longer attached so it's unusable

If he's not at his desk or checking on people in the area, he's likely on a forklift so he's not constantly standing there. Plus the chair I mentioned he can always adjust to match the desk height if need be. But considering he seems to be happier with it staying up and the chair's low, I don't think he's had that problem. Yet. He might the next Monday we aren't mandated

We do. If only the pay was better

Woke up going "oof it's Thursday" and then looked at my phone. It's only Wednesday rip

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:38 pm

ya, lunch is not pad for hourly workers but somehow Salary gets paid lunch?

I agree, sounds like you are in a good group with your coworkers... which is important.

I did that as well ... thinking it was Thursday &then realize, ugh still have 4 more days to work.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:38 am

The linesfolk used to have paid lunches, then they took that out when we went from three shifts to two. I believe the mechanics also have paid lunches, as well as a few others. It's weirdly scattered imo

Yeah, sadly because our pay is so low, we tend to have a rotation of people we train only for them to go to one of a couple nearby factories that operate similarly work-wise but for double the check. For me, the hours are convenient and I like the work so I stay

Yeah, people got a laugh out of it, at least

Last year I found out how old my lead is by asking him when he started going gray. Today I told him that he's getting grayer. Obviously that is due to the fact that he's been dealing with me more. That got a cackle out of him
My one coworker was so tired he was wired

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts