A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Mika's Hangout

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Mika's Kawaii Cosplay Cafe! /Renovating!

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 pm

They are working on their new cd but Nick was on tour with Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block who he did a cd with as well. XD

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:17 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Mika » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Music is so confusing lol.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Yes, it's very confusing.
There's way too many different songs now a days to appreciate them all. ;;

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:17 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Mika » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:02 pm

And most music these days just revolves around sex.... I tell ya.... I like the old days when it was more about love than sex lol.

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Sounds to me Mika like you could listen to some Backstreet Boys. Granted they had like four or five songs based on sex but it was songs written for them and given to them by their manager to sing.

Postby Mika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 am

It doesn't matter WHO writes them lol. Its the fact that its still starting to revolve around a lot of sex based songs... And parents worry about how their kids learn things in school and with their friends and such... It's the music they have to worry about....

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:14 am

Agreed, It's pretty much why I like listening to artists with a smaller fanbase, such as Lights. I also really like a lot of Vocaloid songs but it really just depends on the music producer. For example, Donor Song is a song talking about donating organs to another person, it's really touching. ^^

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 am

True I don't mind most of the songs out there but that is just me. To me I feel like it's the parents responsibility to watch what there kids do not the media though. Whatever the art form is it's not being made to cater to kids but to their adult fan base. For instance a good 10 or more years ago I saw on Nickelodean's Kids Choice Awards that The Simpson's won the award for favorite show. That show has people getting killed, shot, drinking, drugs, and sex. Parents see a cartoon and go oh it's ok then walk out of the room without watching it. South Park is the same way and was nominated and that just boggles my mind because it's the same. The shows weren't at fault because they were geared for Adult Audiences but children watch them anyway. Same problem with video games in that parents by a video game for their kid and let them play Halo 3 for instance and then get made weeks later when they find out there is too much violence in the game and sue the creators of it. It wasn't the creators fault they have it Specifically labeled for older audiences your the dumb one who bought it. Music goes hand in hand with that since alot of artist make music for their adult fan base that want to see songs like that sometimes. Then parents just let them listen to it without listening to the music themselves. So in all actuality it is the parents fault for it not really the creators of the music if the kids hear or watch it.

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:14 am

That. Is so true.
But then again parents can't exactly prevent children from encountering the wonders of the internet now a days. Same thing at school as well, we watched a video on youtube and when it ended this inappropriate thumbnail popped up.

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:17 am

Ahh that is true as well alas the parenting is getting harder these days.

So how are you finding Windlyn Shiro? Every time I see your name I think of Toshiro from Bleach. XD

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 am

Yea. But it also depends on the child because they can either 1) think it's alright to do the stuff or 2) fully know it's bad to do the stuff. I also noticed that the newer cartoons for children are getting... I don't know how to explain. I just really missed the days where Tom and Jerry or Pink Panther was airing on TV.

I'm lovin it! (that's copyrighted from Mcdonalds) I really think the small community makes it easier to keep up with what's going on. Plus, everyone seems really enthusiastic as to where Windlyn is going, which is awesome. <3

I've never watched Bleach. XD ShiroGEM was just kind of a side name.

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:35 am

Yeah I know what you mean with tv shows today. For me it's about the art though. I'm not a big fan of the shows like Adventure Time and all that because the artwork isn't as amazing as what used to be put out.

I'm glad your loving it here! It's really grown since I joined two months ago with new members and new items. In fact they just implemented the Trading when I joined before that it was just donating feathers. :D

Postby Mika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 pm

The mention of vocaloids makes me want to play Project Diva..... /starts humming a tune/..../resorts to bobbing head/...../which resorts to tapping her hands on her legs/...... I'm addicted!

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Mika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs* I hope everything went ok with the Event while I was away. I'm working my way towards it now. XD

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Yea, the art has gotten worse. :T

8D Lol that's awesome, I'm guessing that was necessary for the Valentines Day Events.

I have never actually played Project Diva (has no gaming device) but it looks so fun. TTvTT

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts