A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby npixelz » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:18 am

Indeed

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:38 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:55 am

Perfect summer weather over here... first day of summer quickly approaching.

I'm waiting on a few plants to bloom to see what they look like ... simple pleasures.

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:38 am

Postby npixelz » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:43 pm

Wait, it's not Summer yet? It's still Spring? I thought it was already Summer!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:55 am

Thursday June 20 is the summer solstice & marks the first day of summer.

Postby JinMay » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:56 am

*peeks* Hello, good morning. I'm dropping in!

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Hello @JinMay!

How are things going with you & your family? I can imagine it has been a full schedule for you helping out. Hope all is better & not so stressful.

Postby JinMay » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Hello Lemon! It's always nice to see you. :)

Ah well things are alright. I've been preoccupied with making sure the family is okay. On top of that, I'm still job hunting but my priority lies with my family. I'm in charge of work schedules and making sure my sibling gets to and from work. I sometimes feel like the parent honestly. It's not stressful, it's nice to stay busy otherwise I get in my feelings about not doing anything. Today is my anniversary with my boyfriend but I think he forgot.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:48 pm

Give him a gentle little reminder ... most of us don't recall dates like that unless we write it down or are reminded.
Birthday's & Wedding dates are a little different... but still not everyone is good at remembering.

It is good that you can be there for your family. Maybe with summer here some temporary jobs will open out, gives an opportunity to try something out & see how you like it.

Postby JinMay » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:26 pm

I think he's just really focused on hanging out with his friends before the semester starts. Which is fine, I want him to have fun before he has to focus on school. I would remind him but he'll probably feel bad for forgetting in the first place.

But anyway, how have you been?

I did apply to a few places so I'm just waiting to hear back from them. :(

Postby npixelz » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:01 pm

Icy!

JinMayyyy! Love the avi!
Oof! I rember once when all of my family (except my mom) forgot my mom's bday, she was not happy. Now I write down anniversaries and other important dates in my calendar!
Hopefully he rembers next year! And hopefully you find a good job

Postby JinMay » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:22 pm

npixelz hey! Thank you! I really wanted to use this hair. :D
Yeahh.. he's very forgetful. I'm always writing everything down if it's important, he doesn't do that so... lol
I love him but I also take everything he says with a grain of salt. I don't like to get my hopes up about anything he says. But that's just who he is.
Thank you! I hope I get word back from someone soon.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:37 pm

It's good to not have expectations, makes the surprises sweeter.

If you like to work with kids I think day camps sometimes want help during the summer.
Not sure what else is available right now, even my work is talking about cutting back hours.

Have you thought of housekeeping for hotels or vacation rentals? I know someone who makes a pretty decent wage at that... you might need transportation though.

Maybe one of the jobs you applied at will give you work, here's hoping!

Did you say you tried Costco? I think it is hard to get on but good benefits. Trader Joe's is supposed to be good place to work as well but not sure if you have one in your area.
Keep looking & the right place will eventually open up for you.

Postby JinMay » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:54 pm

Yeah if I get my hopes up I am usually let down and hurt so I just don't do it anymore. ;w;

I don't think we have day camps here in my area but I can look into it. I do have a car, so transportation isn't an issue. I would love to be a receptionist for a hotel, that always seems like a good option.

Thank you, keeping my fingers crossed! And I did try to apply to costco but they had no job openings on Indeed and on the costco website, I tried to apply but that was only for existing employees. :( I've heard of Trader Joe's but we don't have one here. Not nearby anyway. I think the closest one is like.. three cities away?

I applied to Home Depot in two different locations for the cashier position so we'll see.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:47 am

Don't give up JinMay .... maybe its not the right timing right now since you are still helping your family & are needed there.
If you like old people, senior homes need help sometimes. You don't necessarily need a nursing degree or care training. Might be work in the kitchens or common rooms or taking residents to their activities or visiting with them.
Just trying some creative thinking.

Postby npixelz » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:42 pm

I worked at a dzy camp for a couple years

Was terrible at it, but still

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts